ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I seen alot of post of ppl not wanting to put after market parts cuz of warranty(I too have warranty on 2011 wrx) what I don't understand how would they even find out if anything was moded if you just put the stock parts back on before you go to the dealer.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,232 Posts
If they bother to look it may be obvious parts have been replaced.

·
Banned
664 Posts
i for one dont care for a warrenty. with the history of these motors and trannies id rather break it and then rebuild it the way i want. whats the point if you break something to only replace it with the same thing to break again?

now how they can tell...anything besides a CBE needs a tune. they can see if the ECU has been flashed before so that will tell them you have been messing around with the tune. another way is missing or removed bolts. once you start taking off and putting on nuts and bolts you can see marks that they have been removed before.

all this though depends on your dealer. mine saw me flash stage 1 in the parking lot and knows my motors see double the factory power. they are cool with it. others though will hate you for everything you are worth even if just replace a lug nut with something else. it all just depends how they view aftermarket parts. so go talk with them and find out.

and remember. they do have to prove that what you did caused whatever to break. if you installed coilovers, sway bars, end links, tires, bushings, mounts, etc etc and your motor blows, guess what? suspension has nothing to do with the motor. if the motor blows they owe you a new one. but if a control arm breaks then thats on you!

last point. if you flash a stage 1 tune and your ECU blows up they can deni you a new ECU. so if you drop $xxx on a new ECU and you dont flash that one and it blows too, now they do owe you a new ECU. new parts come with their own new warrenty. as long as you havnt messed with something a second time you should be ok.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts