Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was talking to my dealership over the phone the other day I just happened to mention something about something I was about to do to the car. Soemthing about a turbo back exhaust. The guy then told me "oh...well that will void your warranty so you might want to think about that". It wasn't an issue at the time so I didn't get really deep into it but every one I've asked so far has told me about an act that says that the dealership has to prove that the modification is what caused the problem. I have a feeling that the people at my dealership aren't aware of this. When it comes time for me to need to get something repaired, how shoould I go about dealing with it because they are hardcore convinced that anything done to the car completely voids the drivetrain warranty.

G

·
Well it's simple. If they decline service to your car and claim it's because of one of your modifications, tell them that you want proof. That proof has to be in writing. The trick is to be firm and persistent with them.

If they still do not provide written proof, threaten legal action. Things usually get resolved by that point.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The people at this dealership aren't even aware that they have to prove anything. As far as they're concerned, if there's anything changed under the hood, they don't even have to look at it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts