Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few of you may remember that I posted about a dent that I had a little while back. I decided to buy the Ding King and see how it went.

First attempt: no change. Second attempt: tiny change: third attempt. BOOM! The dent now formed a rather large "bump"

I was very disheartened and upset. A bodyshop quoted the job at 400$$$. They told me (as if I didnt feel bad enough) that if I didn't mess with it, it would of cost around 60 to repair the dent.

I decided to try a paintless dent repairman whose card I picked up at the autobody shop. When he came over, he told me that he gets these kinds of phone calls all the time from Ding King users. He also told me that I was very lucky that the paint didn't crack. Its fixed, but it will never look the same.

I am not saying that the Ding King is a bad product, or that it doesn't work, but I don't suggest that anyone whom is inexpierenced use it. I could of saved a lot of time and hassle if I just did it the right way.

·
Registered
149 Posts
do you have a pic of what it looked like or what it looks like now? did you go really slow with the dent king? i heard thats the key...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Let me just say that the bump was bad enough to almost bring me to tears everytime I looked at it :) it was about the size of a half dollar. Problem with the Ding King is that the instructions are so vague that you really have no clue what to do. i don't think its a good choice when taking out a dent will run around 40-60 and the job will most likely be professional. Mine is going in the garbage ASAP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a Paintless Dent Repair business and I too have seen a lot of unfinished work the glue pullers do. In addition to the normal PDR tools that we use, I use a glue puller to work dents that are not accessible through normal PDR methods. The results you got(high spots) are actually what we want when we use the glue puller. After the puller makes a high spot, I use my knock down tools, in combination with my lighting system, to bring the dent back down to it's normal spot. It's unfortunate the $19.95 glue pullers instructions do not tell you what to do when you have pulled too far. It's take a lot of training, experience and practice and the right tools to do it correctly.

If anyone has questions about PDR feel free to ask. Rick

·
Registered
9 Posts
me and a few two of my friends tryed pulling a dent out one of there civic hatchback, and there was no improvement at all i think that thing is a piece of crap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts