ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i was able to pay off my new, stock '03 WRX six months ago. Since then, I've saved my money for mods. i have a chance to trade it in for an STi and finance at most maybe $3000 over five years.

but i love my wrx....

since i bought it 21 months ago, it's been to Boston, Chicago, D.C, atlantic city, Philly, NYC, Trenton, Baltimore, Dallas, Oklahoma City. I have a job where I obviously travel.

the STi puts up big numbers, but because it has no sentimental value to me, i feel like i'd be selling out my feelings for the sake of bragging rights.

my '03 is SRP and bugeyes, a very rare combination these days. they sold more "Limited Edition" yellow their first two years than SRP.

and the 2.0 liter block. isn't it cool knowing that the Impreza RS has more displacement than the WRX because WRC reg's limit displacement to 2.0L? In my opinion, if Americans wanted their torque, too bad. The EJ20T has too much heritage to be continuously shadowed by a relatively new EJ25T (notice i included the "T" at the end).

The EJ20, SRP + bugeye combo, and the enthusiast's principle of loving whatever car you have made me get my gold SSR Comp's, Stoptech BBK, and TXS Stage 2 package today. Thanks for all your help in helping me build my dream car.

SRT-4? Evo? STi? R32? Ion Redline? All excellent cars. But before there was supercar performance for cheap, there was the WRX. A bunch of enthusiasts swarmed at the chance to get Mustang straight-line performance with four doors, all wheel drive, and superior handling and braking. Combine the rich heritage, and it's a great feeling to own the base WRX.

We should be all proud to own the car that got sent to a Democratic country and actually gave the people what they wanted. This car came crashing down like a tidal wave on our market and the Evo, STi, and SRT are just the repercussions.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Some people say the STi is a good daily driver. But, I don't think that I'd want it for a daily driver. 11mpg (yeah that's not what the sticker says but I get MUCH less than what my WRX sticker says, so....) is not great for a daily driver, unless you can carry 7 passengers and you weigh 4,500 lbs. + And, I'd have to hire someone to stand by it all day while it was parked with a shotgun to blast off people's kneecaps when they door dinged it lol...

-snowcat

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I will read this everytime I feel buyer's remorse comin on.....

Shotgun
03 Bugeyes 4eva ;)

·
Premium Member
16,991 Posts
Good post!

(but I still like the '04 front end w/ PSM)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Nice, stick it out with the bugeyes. SRP is the way to go. I think there are less owners of that color car on clubWRX than you have fingers on your hand...(unless you were in some kind of horrible finger accident, in which case I apologize).

In fact when I think about it, off the top of my head... there's Trainrex, Boomstick, me, that guy who owns the STi but his wife drives a stg2 wagon, ej20fan. That's all I can remember right now...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts