Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
There's a reason why your vehicle has a rev limiter. I wouldn't suggest removing it as it would be easy to damage/destroy engine internals doing this. It is possible to do but messing with the factory ECU in any way could cause Subaru to deny a warranty claim if you were to have any issues in the future.

· In Æternum
23,701 Posts
... what?

The fuel cutoff (rev limiter) is at a higher rpm than redline....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

· Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
30,460 Posts
Is there anyway to remove the rev limiter
Yes.

so it can rev all the way to redline?
It already does.

If so, will this void my warranty?
I would certainly hope so.

I'm still unclear what you'd like to do though, because the car can redline as-is, right now. If you cannot reach redline there is something likely wrong with your particular car, and if you post the symptoms maybe someone can help you?

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sorry forget tot mention. I have a 2016 WRX Limited and when I have an aftermarket exhaust and when i am sitting in park I would like to be able to redline to 6700 rpms (which is redline on my engine). I would like to hear the engine rev up and I'm curious if it takes a Cobb tune or anything like that.

· In Æternum
23,701 Posts
Sorry forget tot mention. I have a 2016 WRX Limited and when I have an aftermarket exhaust and when i am sitting in park I would like to be able to redline to 6700 rpms (which is redline on my engine). I would like to hear the engine rev up and I'm curious if it takes a Cobb tune or anything like that.
Do you have a CVT? Is that what this is about?

· Premium Member
11,374 Posts

Free revving the engine in park or neutral is bad for it and could potentially damage the valves.. I just wouldn't.

· In Æternum
23,701 Posts
Plus you look like a douche.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.