ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys , i want to lower my 06 wrx just trying to figure out what is all needed to do it properly before i go ahead and spend any money. besides getting springs what else is needed? thanks :)

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
Struts, likely, or at least it's recommended. Lowering springs put more pressure on the struts over stock, so at the least you will be shortening the life of your stockers. Might as well replace the units while you're there if you can swing it, so that you don't have to replace them in a few thousand miles.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What springs do you have in mind? Budget? DIY or shop install?

Struts, as mentioned. They are a wear item, and lowering springs will increase the rate of wear. Do them while you have the assemblies apart.

Tophats are also wear items. Whiteline makes a Com-C mount which is promising for added caster/camber. Group-N / OE for the rear. Again, while you have the assemblies apart, replace them.

Camber bolts for the rear. Dialing out negative camber in the rear will reduce some factory understeer. You need an alignment afterwards anyway, so you may as well ditch the crappy OE specs

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
TEIN High Tech Lowering Springs , id just do it myself. would it be worth it just to look for coilovers instead? thing is tho im not planning on putting my car on the track so i dont want to sacrafice huge ride comfort. a little more stiff wouldnt be bad tho. thoughts?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
rustang said:
TEIN High Tech Lowering Springs
Unless you're dead-set on those springs, I'd recommend something else.

SPT Pink
Prodrive Blues
Mach V
Epic Engineering
Swift Sports

Any of those would be better than the H.Techs.

rustang said:
would it be worth it just to look for coilovers instead? thing is tho im not planning on putting my car on the track
You answered your own question. C/Os worth considering are all in the ~$2K+ range.

·
Registered
294 Posts
RCE springs too

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay so i orderd H&R lowering springs , 1.4" lower in the front and 1.3" in the rear, any idea if i will for sure have to pick up some new struts? if so what am i looking at for cost on that? thanks guys

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
okay so i orderd H&R lowering springs , 1.4" lower in the front and 1.3" in the rear, any idea if i will for sure have to pick up some new struts?
It really depends on the shape of your factory struts. They will wear faster on lowering springs though.

BTW, your springs are in the mail, just never got your tracking number. I'll keep you updated on Monday.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the car only has 60,000 km on it , i jsut want wanna take it apart and then find out i have to order struts

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
With that many miles and the drop from those springs, your current struts are going to wear out within probably 10-15k kms. I'd look at KYB or Tokico struts to replace the factory units. Those will also work better because the factory struts will be operating far out of their designed operating range.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
With that many miles and the drop from those springs, your current struts are going to wear out within probably 10-15k kms. I'd look at KYB or Tokico struts to replace the factory units. Those will also work better because the factory struts will be operating far out of their designed operating range.
I agree. It may wear out faster so its something to consider but at the moment, you may be just ok.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts