ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 wrx that currently has a fmic and a fp 18g turbo. I want to change it the setup to an aftermarket tmic and a different turbo. Just want a solid daily driver.

·
Registered
670 Posts
the 18g is a solid daily driver turbo.... If you're wanting to change look into blouch's 16gxt, my buddy has one on his 02 and his spool up is great as well as solid top end. As far as tmic's go I would recommend a solid one, no ebay stuff. Process West makes a great one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as budget goes im kinda open to whatever as long as its a solid setup. And i've read that the 18g is a solid daily driver turbo but have recently noticed some oil leaking from the bottom of it and have been unable to boost recently. So maybe i should just rebuild it?? And i also found out yesterday that my car has never been fully tuned. It had an open tune done at outback automotive in auburn, wa.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
It would help to have a set limit of how much you want to spend, I can find a solid setup that would cost you 4k all said and done.

·
Premium Member
1,719 Posts
You could get a rotated turbo like a gt30 with all supporting mods, that would be costly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts