ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. I got a 2004 tahoe last year for 40k and im very much over it. To be honest i hate the thing. I really want something new I can have fun with you know. I was definetely considering an STi. What would be the insurance difference between the two. Thats just whats topping me. The tahoe is 2wd with the biggest engine bought brand new for 40. :) give me some good numbers

·
Registered
236 Posts
2wd suvs, why even bother.

as for insurance, i cant imagine being that much different. i mean your tahoe is $40k and the sti is $32k but a performance car. but definitely a wise choice to go subaru. hey, you'll gain awd too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh wow

oh wow thats reassuring. My tahoe blue books for a little over 34k. I went to the suburu dealsership today and he said that i could just trade in the tahoe for a swap. the STi i wanted was like 33 and the tahoe kbbs for 34k+ what would u think would be a fair trade in value. Is there a possibility if a straight up trade with me not paying anything?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i know

i know especially since i only payed 30k for my tahoe i would be making money on the deal. (uncle works for chevy) im just worried about insurance. I really need to know the difference asap!!! :eek3:

·
Registered
76 Posts
im not too sure about how insurance companies feel about the sti. but i can tell you that my wrx is cheaper to insure than a 98 s10. they only judged it as a 4 door 4 cylinder, instead of a 2 door 6 cylinder. with the tahoe im sure you are getting shafted somehow with it being an suv. call your agent.....you might end up saving money and getting a sweeter ride.
p.s. get ready to give up some interior space :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hehehe

hehehe wowzers thanks a lot im gona give em a hollar. and YES i am more than willing to give up some space. i have a tahoe with the third row seat that i drive around with just me in it HOW LAME. I feel like a grandpa its just not me being an 18 year old guy c'mon. However it did work out nicely since i did get a SICK deal on the tahoe so I will actually be making some money thanks to my uncle. Im just gona continue and read more about subarus i know little about them since my family has only owned euro cars with the exception of my tahoe. my buddies are all gona be bmw mechanics and i brought one of them to the subaru dealership not liking in and when we left he definetely changes his mind. he was saying they had bad transmissions and that they werent under warranty but I guess they build a new tranny and now included it with warranty which is very nice. I would like to test drive one so im gona call around and see whos willing. My folks are all for the sti with the exception of the insurance is more but i really cant see how iut can be. The only way it could be more than tahoe is since its sporty. Alright guys thanks a bunch for the help. Hopefully i'll be another sti Socal enthusiest - jeff

·
Registered
267 Posts
No offense or anything, but a few things strike me as strange here.

1. You first say you bought the Tahoe for 40, then later 30
2. You are 18. Don't know many 18 YO that could spend 30 or 40k on a car.
3. Asking other people how much insurance will be is like asking when the next mile wide meteor will strike the earth; only the professionals know(ie insurance reps) as everyone is different

Not saying I don't believe you, just seems strange.

I will say that the STI is an amazing car. I have an 04 wrx which has been kinda fun for the past year. This past week though my friend let me borrow his STI and I can't get enough of it. FWhat a car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry

sorry about confusion. my tahoe msrped for 40 but i got GMS so i got it for a lil over 30. sorry :( btw guys i called today insurance is more by 50 bucks/month

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmm trade in value

what do you think subaru should give me locally socal. I went to orange coust yesterday talked to a very nice salesman. for a car that msrps for 34k what trade in value should i get. do u think i can walk away with a 33k subaru?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts