ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2003 WRX and its all stock. i want to put an intake on it to start off. i was wondering what kind are good and will do the most. also do you HAVE to get a tune after you install it?
please get back to me with info. i have no idea what i should get.
thanks
-Joe. :)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,471 Posts

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
i have a 2003 WRX and its all stock. i want to put an intake on it to start off
Best intake for your car: The one it already has.

/thread

The link in SD_GR's post explains why an intake is not just ineffective, it can actually damage your engine, especially on the older WRXs. If you want more induction and turbo noise, you can do the Intake Silencer Delete Mod, which costs the great low price of $free.99, and only takes a few minutes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What is the consensus on the Cobb intake? Ill be doing my complete exhaust and a tune...and was thinking of adding that intake.

·
Super Moderator
33,822 Posts
Skip it entirely. You have a great intake from Subaru.

I'd not bother.
Best intake for your car: The one it already has.

/thread
Ah yep. Still have the OEM on my WRX despite all I've done to it. It really is a well designed cold air intake.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
PITA to get it closed properly, but that is the only thing you have to do to it.

·
Premium Member
15,697 Posts
Yeah, I can get mine but same style in the outback I have to remove the hoses to get the bottom tabs in.

I bet 25% of the old WRXs on here are running with the bottom open.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,471 Posts
The ones running with the bottom open are probably more susceptible to PO171 I suppose, but I don't doubt what you say. There is no reason to have those tabs be so picky on the filter cover. Otherwise, works great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts