ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 08, but am completely clueless as to what this will get me. A member claimed in another thread that the 08's could be tuned to 300 hp with no additionally parts. If this is true I really want one. I have so many question about it though. Like will a Tune void my warranty? (I'm assuming yes) Is there a way to mask a Tune? I know I could go with a Cobb AP but is that the best way? Is a pro tune better? I know an AP will give me a variety of different maps and ECU set ups but if I just want a straight tune to give me a good hp gain what am I looking at?

·
Registered
0 Posts
ap and go to xx tuning

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
TRM1305 said:
Like will a Tune void my warranty? (I'm assuming yes)
If the dealership can attribute your claim to being caused by a modification (a tune is a modification to the ECU), they can and most likely will deny it. They can't tell you they won't fix your P/W because you flashed your ECU, though.

TRM1305 said:
Is there a way to mask a Tune?
The dealership can know if you flashed your ECU. The best way is to flash it back to stock and hope they don't notice.

TRM1305 said:
I know I could go with a Cobb AP but is that the best way? Is a pro tune better? I know an AP will give me a variety of different maps and ECU set ups but if I just want a straight tune to give me a good hp gain what am I looking at?
You'll need some form of EM for the Protune (AP, UTEC, tactrix/laptop). The AP offers OTS maps, which are generic - but, it is probably the most easy, user-friendly, and most popular form of EM available for the Subaru. A Protune is specific to your car, and gives you more power and a broader power curve. But, they run you a fair chunk of change (see below).

rr1911 said:
go to xx tuning
A tune from XX will run you ~$375. There's a shop up in NH called TDC tuning that'll run you ~$300.

Personally, I don't think it's really worth it to get a Protune if you're not StageII, but that's my opinion.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Just talked to the guys at XX tuning in Hartford a couple of days ago about my car and it was $371 with tax for the protune.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts