Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2010 WRX back 3 weeks ago after being rebuilt from suffering catastrophic engine failure, turbo seal went, lost oil, wifey drove almost 100km WITH NO OIL lol anyway planned on some work anyway so here we are now. Forged pistons installed, vf52, 3 inch dp, upgraded fuel pump, aos and Cobb AP. Running a stage 2 ots map with a couple minor tweaks to handle the slight difference from vf52. Works great, love the new pull but I'd like a little more. Definitely have a pro tune in the future but I want to finish collecting parts first as my ots map runs fine at its current state. I'll be upgrading my injectors (not sure of size yet maybe 850cc), Cobb intake with air box and probably a better intercooler when I pick one that's not too expensive but can handle slightly higher boost safely. When this car gets protuned I'm done modding until I go get an sti :) so my fellow subby enthusiasts who surely know more than I about building ejs, what else would you do? Sorry for the long post!

·
Æternum
15,555 Posts
She didn't drive 100km with no oil...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well...No I guess I should have said she drove 100+km with LOW oil, because the cel came on somewhere around 100-150km before she picked me up as far as I can tell from what she told me. there was absolutely no oil on the dip stick when I finally saw my car again and it took nearly 5qts to fill and sounded terrible so yeah it had no oil at that point. lol glad we cleared that up though :)

·
Super Moderator
10,966 Posts
Well...No I guess I should have said she drove 100+km with LOW oil, because the cel came on somewhere around 100-150km before she picked me up as far as I can tell from what she told me. there was absolutely no oil on the dip stick when I finally saw my car again and it took nearly 5qts to fill and sounded terrible so yeah it had no oil at that point. lol glad we cleared that up though :)
Anything near 5 quarts would be way overfilled if anything was in the sump.

I suggest you don't buy go fast parts and start a savings account to keep that car running.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Uhh the fill mark is the fill mark man, idk what to tell you. That's what it took and it indeed was not over filled. Also thanks a bunch for the advice bud

1 - 5 of 5 Posts