Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2015 STI. Eibach lowering springs. When cornering onto a freeway, overpass, etc, the car seems to wander (like a snowmobile trying to follow another’s tracks). Any ideas? I replaced the front sway bar end links today with a little improvement. Hoping to do the sway bar bushings tomorrow. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Same tire size as stock. STI 18’s. Unsure of the alignment specs. I never touch the DCCD. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Æternum
15,935 Posts
Which tires?

What you are describing my be somewhat normal for your car. The 2015+ STI has aggressive caster specs from the factory that leads to better "bite" on initial turn-in, but you will find that these cars also track the road imperfections more than most cars (a downside in aggressive caster).

Depending on the tires you installed, this may have amplified the feeling. Also, I'm agreeing with XJman -- ask for your alignment specs.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru WRX Limited Hatchback 5MT
205 Posts
If you're describing understeer (never rode a snowmobile) then as others have mentioned it's most likely your alignment. Possibly too much negative camber in rear compared to front due to no factory adjustment. That's why many go with Adjustable LCA's in the rear.

Depending on how much you're lowered a Front Roll Center/Bump Steer Correction Kit may help as well.

·
Super Moderator
11,552 Posts
Which tires?

What you are describing my be somewhat normal for your car. The 2015+ STI has aggressive caster specs from the factory that leads to better "bite" on initial turn-in, but you will find that these cars also track the road imperfections more than most cars (a downside in aggressive caster).

Depending on the tires you installed, this may have amplified the feeling. Also, I'm agreeing with XJman -- ask for your alignment specs.
This is where I'm leaning. The VA STIs I've test drove were very responsive to the road. On some of the back roads you could feel it almost pinballing down the grooves worn in the road.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Honestly the end links and sway bar bushings made a huge difference. Probably 80% better. I think what I feel now may be the caster from lowering springs or just under steer. I’m running kumho winter craft wp71

·
Æternum
15,935 Posts
You already installed your winter tires? Isn't it a tad early still?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haha well I live in Saskatchewan Canada. So not really. When I got the car last month though, it had a bulged sidewall so I didn’t want to buy summers and winters

·
Æternum
15,935 Posts
So winter tire siping can give the vague wandering feeling you are describing.

What summer tires are you looking to run?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well my winters will be on for basically the next 6 months so no idea about summers right now lol. Not required by law in my province

·
Æternum
15,935 Posts
It does not. I barely notice anything but under steer now that the end links and sway bar bushings are done
It may have also been tire break-in which requires 50-200 miles to complete. Tires are greasy up until that point and can provide a vague feeling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts