ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been asked a MILLION Times, however i searched, and found a lot of weird threads not.... answering the question at all -- or maybe I searched wrong.

2 questions:

First - What HP do these go to? Meaning how much HP before you needa upgrade to 300+ (Not that I'm ever gonna need higher than 255, cause that's insanity)

Second - Can you use these in a stock car? Might be a stupid question, but might as well ask.

Again, sorry if its been asked, Link the thread in here if it has been please and thank you, will be GLAD to read it all!

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
On my 2006, it was recommended I upgrade my fuel pump to a 255lb after I was protuned stage 2, but the 2006 2.5L injectors flow more than the 2002-2005 2.0L.

Yes it will physically fit in a stock car and function. Kind of a waste though.

At what "power level" you need one is kind of irrelevant. It is pretty much a good idea with any mods past stage 2.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
How much power it will support depends entirely on what type of fuel you will be running and at what fuel pressure it will be. There is a formula to calculate the amount of fuel you will need, and there are charts showing how much various pumps flow at different pressures. The problem with the standard Walbro 255 is that as the fuel pressure rises the flow of the pump falls off dramatically. And keep in mind your fuel pressure is going to rise with boost.

I would link you to the threads and charts, but I'm on my phone right now and tracking that stuff down is a pain. It's all on nasioc, most of the info can probably be found in the fuel systems thread.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Premium every fill up, cept once in a great while regular. I heard if you run it every now and then it'll burn more of the residue on the inside... dunno if it's true or not. Only ran regular once, and the car definitely didn't like it, so I doubt I'll run it a lot... if ever again. Anyway, Premium gas, don't wanna do the Meth honestly. So basically a Walbro 255 would be pointless till Stage 2. I just figured get it earlier rather than later, but nevermind :p.

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
I would never put regular in the car. The fuel pump (along with injectors) would need to be upgraded if you were going to run e85. It would be kinda pointless until you upgrade to a larger turbo. Stock fuel pump is sufficient for stage two. (although I think there is one year model where you can squeeze a little more out of a stage two protune with an upgraded pump and injectors, but it wouldn't do your 04 any good)

On 93 octane the Walbro 255 will support 400whp, maybe more.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I would never put regular in the car. The fuel pump (along with injectors) would need to be upgraded if you were going to run e85. It would be kinda pointless until you upgrade to a larger turbo. Stock fuel pump is sufficient for stage two. (although I think there is one year model where you can squeeze a little more out of a stage two protune with an upgraded pump and injectors, but it wouldn't do your 04 any good)

On 93 octane the Walbro 255 will support 400whp, maybe more.
What he said. You should NEVER run less than 91 octane in your car!!!!!! NEVER EVER NEVER!!!!! And no need to upgrade anything in the fuel system, pump or otherwise, until beyond stage 2.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts