Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok just a quick check in. I am now a proud wrx wagon owner. silver, 5spd,cf dash inserts, armrest,ect..
I am really having a hard time keeping it below 4k. I just love the sound n the rush. (reminds me of the daytona turbo I drove years ago)
Thanks so much for all the good info on the site I have so much more to read.
The only mod that will be happening in the immediate future is a shrt throw shifter.

I actually had a great buying experience. have dealt with many dealers before and have had many "ok" experiences. This was awesome. They even let me borrow the car for most of the day!! That sealed it I was done n never wanted to let go of the keys. damn drug dealers saying they are selling wrxs... ha we know they are selling a high...
Serriously if your looking in the greater Jacksonville FL area give Subaru of Jacksonville a look. (not meant to be a shameless plug just so darn excited..) I know I should sleep now but I only have 921 miles to go.........

·
Registered
339 Posts
Welcome to the Club. I too am a proud wagon owner. Aspen White, 5-speed. Just tinted windows for now. No power mods planned. I'm saving my money for the Team O'neil Rally school.

Enjoy your wagon and don't forget to take the dirt roads.

Happy driving:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
still under 1k

Still under 1k with my silver wagon so i suppose im still a newbie.
what is the Team O'neil Rally school? and wehre can i get details?
I know the biggest drawback with my car is the driver :)
I would love to get some real training .
thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
Here is the link:

Team O'neil Rally School

You're right about the whole weakest link thing. Before I add any power enhanments to my wagon I have to learn how to drive it properly. The real joy of the WRX is when you drive it off the beaten path and I want to know what I'm doing when it comes to performance rally driving in the dirt and snow. Here in MI the conditions are so varied. Where I live in particular, you can go from smooth highway to pothole road to dirt road to rut filled dirt road to snow covered dirt road all within an hour. The WRX was made exactly for this so the biggest obstacle in my way is my skills as a driver. This O'neil Rally School seems to be about the closest to going to Europe except for this other school in Florida. Team O'neil has Subaru specific classes and multi-day courses. It's expensive, your buying skills that can NEVER be taken away. To me a $2400 rally school is worth way more that a $2400 turbo upgrade. Check out the site, it's very cool.

Happy Driving:D

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
i just hit the 1000 mile mark last night (i got the car four days ago). what a rush. just wait until you can really feel this car move. when they say "the beauty of all wheel drive" they mean it. watching the wrx commercials on speadvision is 10x better now :D .

·
Registered
16 Posts
WRC_Obsessed said:
when they say "the beauty of all wheel drive" they mean it. watching the wrx commercials on speadvision is 10x better now :D .
Hee hee, just watch a couple of WRC events and you'll see that commercial so many times that you'll be hearing it in your SLEEP. (Although I agree with your comments on the car.;) )

By the way: familyman - do you live in Jax? I'll have to keep an eye out for you. I bought mine at the old dealership, have yet to see the new one. Who'd you buy from? I bought from Keith, he was pretty cool. Sold me on my wrx when he took me 90mph down the Arlington Expressway. Weeeeeeeee - I'll take it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bought from Eddie but dealt with the sales manager Steve for most of the deal (Eddies's day off) The new shop looks great and they are moving cars to pay for it. They let me demo a car for the ENTIRE day. Talk about trust, I guess when you are standing there with a check in hand and they have your car, they are willing to "trust" more. After that I was sold. I had originaly wanted to rent it or find a way to get a broken in one so I could "drive" it. To be honest though I was really concerned getting a feel for its daily driver feel. The stats and this board were enough to convince me if there wasn't enough underhood I could get enough.... So I drove it like I owned it... or would.... still though very hard to stay outta boost till 1k....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts