Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just bought an 04 Wagon.
I've researched the wheel & tire threads, but am still not sure about something, I'm obsessing a little here so pardon my rookie question.

Will these size wheels and tires fit under a lowered wagon without any rubbing:

Rota 17X7.5 + 48 (subzero)
Kuhmo MX 215/45-17

Again, it is Wagon . . . and it may get lowered in the future.
So wil this combo fit a lowered wagon without any rubbing?
Thanks

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think you'd be fine. I'm running 17x7.5 +48 Attacks with 215/40/17 Sumi HTRZIIs and Prodrive springs on my wagon with no issues whatsoever.

Jimbo

·
1,263 Posts
225s will fit on the wagon with a 50mm offset or greater.

With the 48mm offset you may need to slightly trim the inside of the fender by a few mm. Stick your finger around the inside and you will feela lip - a sawsall will take it off and you can put the rubber back on - no worries.

·
1,263 Posts
I run 225/45R17 on my wagon and have clearance with 17x7 +50mm offset. I will be lowering with H&R wagon springs next week and do not expect any problems - I have carried some heavy loads with these and had no problems so far.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i plan on running 225/45/17 Falken Azenis...does rota make a wheel that will house that tire without trimming anything

·
Registered
31 Posts
I know this thread is a little old. but I would really like to know the answer to Jeremy's question!

Will 225s on 17" Rotas work for a WAGON?

Edit: I mean for a wagon with PRODRIVE springs.

So 17" Rotas with 225/45/17 on a wagon w/ a Prodrive drop, just to clarify... anybody?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Stock height

17 Rota BAttles

225/45-17 Bridgestone Potenza S-03

No rub issue, but I haven't has 4 passengers to try it out yet.

Just adding to the love here...

Hg.

·
Registered
260 Posts
whats the offset on those?

im gonna be running (hopefully) 225/45/17 Dunlop Graspic DS1 snow tires and Falken Azenis summer tires

·
Registered
260 Posts
so if 225 fits fine with a 48 offset a 43 wouldnt even come close to rubbing right? a 43 would be further from the strut than a 48 right?

·
Registered
31 Posts
No... wait... Don't you have it backwards?
Because people say Prodrives fit perfectly, and they have an offset over 50mm.

Damn. Can't we get 2mm spacers?

·
Registered
260 Posts
how will the fender rub?

diamter of a 225/45/17 is 24.9 205/55/16 is 24.9 this is right off the Falken tire website for the Azenis Sport tires

if both tires have the exact same diameter how will the tire rub the fender?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same diameter, but one's a 205, and the other's a 225. The difference is width.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Plus, not all 225s are created equal. Azenis are pretty wide for a 225 compared to other brands/models.

Rubbing also depends how low you are, alignment (camber), and rim offset, which has been discussed.

FWIW, I have Prodrive springs, Koni inserts, on Flik Lex rims (17*7, +48 offset, Falken ST115 in 215/45/17). I've autocrossed on this setup 4 times and no rubbing. Maxed out my negative camber up front and about -1 in the rear using camber bolts.

Hope this helps.

chris

:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts