ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone had taken the roof rails on a wagon and moded them to fit a sedan? Kinda an off the wall idea but am thinking of trying it. I've got until winter to get some sort of rack for my board and am looking at the yakima or thule but that's not original. If anyone in the Cinci area has taken the rack off their wagon and has no use for it let me know.:confused:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I figured that and new it would be a chop job on the rails, never had a chance to look that close at the rails to see if it would be possible to do a clean job on it. I make trips to cleveland once and a while (was there on Tuesday for work) You think it could be done up right, give the fact I'm not scared to fabricate what I have to? If so maybe we could link up when I'm up there and work something out.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
i think the hard part will be drilling the holes to mount it. i just took a look at the rails them self, and the mounting "feet" seem to be connected to the rail with a allen screw. i'm thinking that you could cut the rail down and re-drill a hole to attach the "foot"

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks man, perhaps I can get my boss to 'schedule' a meeting up there next week sometime he he. I've gotta go link up with some WRX buds to and try and take a closer look at those rails myself. If it looks like a clean mod is possible would you be willing to part?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts