Votes: 53 60.2%
  • Sedan: less weight and sportier looking

Votes: 35 39.8%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I test drove a WRX wagon today since I had driven the sedan a few times before. I like them both, but I am really having trouble deciding on which one. I like the sedan's exterior better, but it would be nice to have the utility of the wagon. I don't do a lot of hauling though, so I could get by with the sedan. I am a single 19 year-old male. I also plan to add my current stereo system which includes two 10" sub-woofers in a box, so I am concerned with security a bit. Which way do you think I should go? I am thinking of getting a 2004 san remo red WRX. I'm really having a tough time deciding between the sedan and wagon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have an 03 sedan, but i would recomend the wagon. Like you said i like the look of the sedan better, but it is a ***** to take anything with you, plus the back seats dont fold down so it makes even less room.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
ebr0t said:
i've told you this... but ill say it again. for 04 id rock the wagon if you have any use for it.
Why ?

03 wagon > 04 wagon

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got the 04 wagon, its makes more sense.

Pros: More room, less money, better looking, better initial balance, etc.
Cons: 0

The sedan looks like a Toyota Echo to me from the back, big turn off. Cant lower the rear seats and I couldnt imagine justifying paying more for a car with an insignificant track increase and aluminium control arms.

Unless you plan to race your Impreza (go with the STi anyway), the wagon makes more sense.

·
Registered
202 Posts
wssboard18 said:
I have an 03 sedan, but i would recomend the wagon. Like you said i like the look of the sedan better, but it is a ***** to take anything with you, plus the back seats dont fold down so it makes even less room.
What he said

·
Registered
0 Posts
When I originally wanted a WRX, I thought I wanted a sedan.. my wife being the voice of reason said the only way it would work is to have the wagon.. we traded in our Grand Caravan if you can believe that.... so I got the wagon. As much as it pains me to admit it.... SHE WAS RIGHT. There have been several times where I would have just been SOL as far as hauling stuff, and the more I look them.. the more I think the wagon looks better. :)

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Sedan all the way. Especially in 04, IMO the wagon looks way to bland. (no offense!).

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'd say wagon, 'cause I have one... I can fit 3 pairs of skis and 3 people inside, my whitewater kayak, a 32" Flat Screen TV...(errr not all at once tho...) If you're asking the question, a wagon would probably work for you...

On the security issue, at least in '02 you got a little windowshade thingy that covers the contents of the trunk (pull from right behind the rear seats.

·
Registered
10 Posts
WAGONS RULE

Clearly the choice is yours to make. However, the wagon makes sense for me 'cause it has some nice cargo space. I am married we have 2 dogs, etc, etc. Although, after I sell the Jetta I'm guessin' I will be longing for a sunroof.

Obviously, I did pick up the silver wagon I told you about last week. I immediately went for a 300 mile road trip to see some college buds. This car is damned impressive; can't believe I haven't owned an AWD vehicle before this. I may never go back to VW's.

Good luck on your search and keep me posted!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Anyone have good pictures of a san remo red wagon? I've seen the red sedan in person, but no red wagon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
RED IS RED...sometimes

I drove a red wagon last November. I have owned several red cars but was not awestruck by the SRred. Specifically, I did not like the look of the headlight/ orange parking lights w/ the red. Although, it appears you are a Badger fan, so red may fit for any occasion!?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
ebr0t said:
i think the
lines on 03 go better with a sedan
lines on 04 go better with a wagon
I think that
your nuts

:D.

·
Thinking Man's Engine
1,598 Posts
I'd chose the wagon...(heck the WRX wagon was my second choice)

You never know when you need to haul stuff. Since you're 19....moving from apartment to apartment or dorm to dorm is a little easier.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts