Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi guys, I am from Chile, South America, and I have to tell ya a small story, I was traveling to another city, like 200km distance from home, and I was with a friend of mine, he was in his WRX and I was in my GTI, we were like { racing } both, we decided to start from 30km/h until we get to 200 km or 180 km in the highway , my car is not stock and his wrx was with exhaust, BOV, and manual boost controler, mine have manual boost controler BOV, remus exhaust system.. First I started in front of him like 1 1/2 cars, because I have all torque at low rpms , at 120 kmh he was like 1 car in front of me when I got to 5th gear I was like WTF I started to pass him like very very slow until we got to 195 km/h and we stop, we talk a few second and he told me... { I dont know WTF your GTI haves but it is real fast dude, I need to change turbo... }

This story is for all of you guys that thinks that you have the bes Turbo car in world, I know that your car is pretty cool, but never look like a GTI..;) :)

PS: I have 210hp 247tq
hi has 237hp 229tq

·
Registered
376 Posts
How do you like that HKS SSQV BOV??? That is the one I'm going to get. I sold my turboxs type H bov. I'm just waiting for an adapter to come out for the WRX

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the TurboXS BOV too, I sold It 1 week ago, I have been using the HKS SSBOV for 7 days long I just LOVE it, the best mod I ever done to my car, youll be VERY happy when you get it installed, best MOD EVER DONE TO MY CAR!!!
The sound of the HKS SSBOV is unique, no imitation to this Valve, is a very loud sound, even when I am with the low boost on, is loud!, good choice!!:D

·
Registered
376 Posts
Cool. Unfortunately I can't find anyone that sells the adapter flange for it yet. I'm waiting for Dan @ Godspeed to give me some more info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glockperfection said:
the GTI has different side mirrors eh [/QUOTE

yea :)

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
well

i would say that your friend needs to practice. with comparable mods, the rex has a larger engine, more hp, better suspension, and a bigger turbo.

:p

nice ride. any other pics? i'd love to see the wheels etc.

dR

·
Registered
8 Posts
Not that this is exactly relative, but I bought my WRX at the end of September. 45 days later my friend traded in his Base Jetta for a VR6 GTI. I am running stock as was he. One night we decided to se what was up, although we knew the outcome. He never had a chance and to this day he regrets not getting a WRX Sedan. See what loyalty will get you:rolleyes:

·
Registered
86 Posts
With those similar mods, I'd doubt you ran the WRX in 5th gear as claimed unless your friend doesnt know how to drive. NO, I'm sure your friend doesnt know how to drive. Dont under-estimate the WRX, some day you might run into me and get your ass handed to you. :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts