ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
:confused1

i drive down my street at 30 mph every day...

should i start taping it?

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
My speedometer goes up faster than his tach :rotfl:

Edit: I just listened to that with the volume up. Did he really say the car was "hella fast"? Do Honda people confuse sound with speed? :confused1

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
you have to feel sorry for those civic drivers. they do not know what they do.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
listen to the kid at the end of the vid...DAmn. just got a kick outta that. nothing looks as ackward as a fwd burnout.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I have to agree with DINO. What is wrong with that video...?

For the sake of arguement, lets assume these guys are in high school. One drives his mom' 1990 minivan, the other drives a 1975 volvo that he got from his dad. It makes perfect sense that the VTEC'ed civic will be a rocket.....just a perspective thing....

My 1999 blazer was freaking fast as hell compared to my first car. I wasn't a rich spoiled kid, but once I could afford a car I bought something for me....that was a 1995 legacy and that thing was faster than the blazer, now the WRX would kill all of them....

It would be the same if one of us made a video doing doughnuts or even a track day...you know...a WRX running 12.99 in the 1/4 mile.....Guys in the AMG forums would laugh at us.

Nothing wrong in posting the video, its just the bashing....

Anyways, that is my rant......

·
Premium Member
26,609 Posts
J-H said:
I have to agree with DINO. What is wrong with that video...?

For the sake of arguement, lets assume these guys are in high school. One drives his mom' 1990 minivan, the other drives a 1975 volvo that he got from his dad. It makes perfect sense that the VTEC'ed civic will be a rocket.....just a perspective thing....

My 1999 blazer was freaking fast as hell compared to my first car. I wasn't a rich spoiled kid, but once I could afford a car I bought something for me....that was a 1995 legacy and that thing was faster than the blazer, now the WRX would kill all of them....

It would be the same if one of us made a video doing doughnuts or even a track day...you know...a WRX running 12.99 in the 1/4 mile.....Guys in the AMG forums would laugh at us.

Nothing wrong in posting the video, its just the bashing....

Anyways, that is my rant......

I think it was the "hella fast" comment that did me in.

·
Registered
476 Posts
To me it's not a matter of perspective. When I had slow cars, I knew they were slow. I knew what fast cars were, and mine wasn't one of them. I had no false thoughts about it. I didn't think it was "hella fast" because it was quicker than other cars. There is definite range of speeds which all cars fit into somewhere. I would say the WRX is a quick car, not a fast car. It's not FAST, but it's more than respectable. I would have trouble saying a stock civic is quick. It's just not slow. Not sure if his was stock or not...

·
Registered
476 Posts
And just because you are better looking than the guy sitting next to you, it doesn't make you model material.

·
Registered
746 Posts
br3ez said:
nothing looks as ackward as a fwd burnout.
Cept an AWD one. :wiggles:

Seriously though there are plenty of cars out there who would look at a BPU WRX and laugh at it the same way you do. Don't **** up this community the way hondas have done. I got a wrx to be an enthusist not an elitest.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wow...some of you guys are taking this way to seriously....download the video...check it out, get your ****s and giggles in, make your comment (whether positive or negative) and move on. I posted this because of the tools in the videos not because i think my car is faster or better.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts