ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK my fiancee has decided to get a Volvo S60. It's used--2016 I believe with only 15K miles--and the price is...guess this...$20K. It was a lease vehicle previously.

It's a T5 with the 2.5-L turbo engine, AWD, 240 hp, leather seats, navi. Of course, the level of styling and build quality of the recent Volvos is excellent. Hardly any scratches on the exterior either. There's still 2 years of warranty life left as well.

One of her reasons for getting this particular vehicle is a 3500-lb tow capacity--can pull a light camper. She currently has a baby SUV (Fiat 500L) and for some reason is not interested in SUV's at all.

Anyway, I can't believe the depreciation on these (was priced ~$40K when new). My first WRX was in the high 20's used with 15K miles on it as well.

I think this is a super deal. I have never owned a Volvo--came THIS CLOSE to getting a 740 wagon back in the day but backed out at the last moment. I have had another Swedish vehicle, a Saab, which I loved. Great minimalist styling from the Scandinavians. I may be a bit jealous of her when I want a more refined ride.

Anyone have any experience with Volvos?

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I had a girlfriend in high school that drove a Volvo station wagon. That was a great vehicle for the activities we were interested in...

That said, no first-hand ownership experience.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,336 Posts
I like inline 5s.

·
Premium Member
10,112 Posts
The only Volvo’s I know of have absolutely insane mileage and are rust buckets. I’d buy one in a heart beat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts