amount of growth since we started back in May of 2001. From a small garage
based company to a full retail shop with 6 plus employee and a multi million
dollar business. We are very proud of our success and attribute that to the
help of Nasioc (formerly I-Club), our faithful customers, and mentors that have
assisted us along the way.

With another year ahead filled with Magazine coverage, advertisements, new
vehicles and products, our business is expected to grow even further. As we
have had our bumps and bruises along the way, we would like to take a moment to
explain a bit of Vivid Racing and ask you the valid consumer to let us gain your
business again.

Vivid Racing was started with the desire to offer the best parts, online
content, and website to its users and more. As WRX owners we needed parts and
had the ambition to help supply you the customer with the hard to get products
as well. As the market has gotten larger and larger, we have seen companies
jump in and out of the Subaru industry. We have also seen distribution channels
change and prices drop. This is all expected with different markets. What
Vivid Racing does do is provide more then just a place to buy parts, we provide
a experience. We have always ask for input to make our site more diverse and
interesting and have listened to your suggestions. We have carried just about
every part available and added and dropped product lines throughout the way.
What we do do unlike other companies and have a strong distribution channel to
get you the products you want. With over $100,000 in Subaru WRX inventory
alone, we have many products that our other wherehouses!
drop ship for us. As we do for other companies who purchase through us.

Though we want to provide you with the quickest service we can, with the amount
of business we do do, it is impossible not to have some foul ups along the way.
We know that in this day and age people get very laid back with online
communication and Internet companies. Here is what we are going to do to
improve our service to you the customer:
All orders processed same day and shipped from our location will have a email
tracking from our shipping company (ie. FedEx) emailed to our customers email as
provided.
Orders drop shipped will have tracking number emailed next business day it ships
to customer.
If order is on backorder, we will notify the customer same day or next business
day of order with ETA.
If a issue arises that must be discussed or you feel you need more info on,
simply contact a manager and it will be handled immediately.

As far as Vivid Racing pricing goes, if you run a business you understand, if
not then here it goes. Each real business has overhead, such as employees,
rent, shipping costs, and more. Obviously like any other business we have to
make a certain percent. Though most of our prices are competitive, we are
providing more of a service with our indepth website and stock of products that
others do not offer. If there is a price that you want matched, ask us about
it. We are people just like you. The most we can say is no. However if you
talk to any of our customers that have dealt with us several times, you will
know they ALWAYS get taken care of better then retail.

Bottom line is Vivid Racing would like to earn your business back and apologize
for any inconveniences. We hope that these new ways to communicate will help in
achieving this. We our offering all customers that have had a bad experience
with Vivid Racing to let us have another chance with your business. Simply call
one of the owners, Rob or Dan, and talk about your situation and mention this
letter. We will look up your order and let you know how we can compensate you
and gain your trust in Vivid Racing. We think you will be happy with the
discounts and service.

We would appreciate your feedback and thank you for your time in allowing us to
regain your business. We hope you and your vehicle are having fun as that is
why we are all hear.

Sincerely,

Dan Mermelstein
Rob Rohn
Vivid Distributing LLC
Owners
Tel: 480-966-3040
Fax: 480-966-0806
[email protected]
[email protected]
AOL IM: VividWRX
VividRacing2
"Check out the new VR Experience"
www.vividracing.com
480-966-3040

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Seems to me it's about a year too late.

PS I like the way they spelled warehouse (wherehouse). :rolleyes:

·
Registered
110 Posts
well, on i*club, Clubwrx, NAsioc, and wrxyz, they posted some pictures of their wrx to stir up some business and someone commented on how the photographer wouldnt have waited around for the car to show up if it took as long as most vivid deliveries did, and i thought it was very funny so i gave the same reply on another board

the guy said i was "obviously a kid" and asked a moderator to delete my post and ban me.... which didnt happen,

i was just tryin to let people in on the info that they suck ass.... unless prices get real low... i wouldnt risk it:mad:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have ordered from them before, didn't have any problems, seems like they are trying to fix things. I hope to do business with them again. Krillz is a little right though, prices could be a little better, but they do have just about everything you could want for a WRX. Also I would hope they can get bigger pictures for their products, most pics on their page are out of proportion or tiny. Just a minor gripe.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Orders drop shipped will have tracking number emailed next business day it ships
Not true! I had to call after two weeks from order confirmation to find out when my simple brake parts would ship. The answer was "Uh I'll ship those tommorow" or "that should have shipped already". I'm over it.:mad:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Anyone can have an inventory that big when they drop ship. Thats apparently why orders have gotten wacked, becuase you order from them, and they order from a distributor who delivers it straight to you............. vivid never even sees the **** you buy

this is just what ive heard, and i cant say for sure its totally true

·
1,379 Posts
They really should have had an editor proof that letter.

And re the content, ya never get a second chance to make a first impression. There's too many other vendors out there who want my business.

Moreover, if they were going to "turn over a new leaf" they really should have had some sort of big promotion/sale as a more tangable apology to their customers. This "hey, we'll play better now, we promise!" just doesn't cut it, IMO. They screwed up and lost the Subaru community's business. They don't just get it back for free by asking nicely in a poorly written letter.

Sorry if this is harsh, but, I think Vivid will find this is the feeling many if not most of us are going to have. You want our business back, guys? Try harder!

·
Registered
129 Posts
I recently had an experience of trying to buy wheels from them. I called to check if they had a wheel in stock and they said they were in stock and could ship that day. I gave the guy very specific details of exactly what I wanted so there was no confusion, got his name and said I would call back.

When I called back and asked for the individual I spoke with I was told he had gone to the bank and that someone else could help me. I explained what I wanted and was told they weren't in stock. I explained that I had talked to "Mr. X" just an hour before and was assured they were in stock. Lo and behold, the guy on the phone tries to cover the phone and I hear him asking "Mr. X" about the situation as if he is 5 feet away!

I won't buy anything from people that lie to me. If the guy is busy doing something else tell me that don't make up a story. I think the bigger lie was that he had the product in stock so I am better off having steered clear of them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just tried to get a price quote on a full prova body kit from them:mad: What dicks! I just wanted to know if they like some other companys do, offer any kind of discount when you get the whole kit. The responce was "WHAT OTHER COMPANYS HAVE THAT KIT IN STOCK!?" And "When your ready to buy then call us." My responce "PISS OFF!":mad:

·
2,210 Posts
is2scooby said:
I got one too sent through www.i-club.com.

Once bitten, twice shy... :(
Amen to that. When I get a personal public apology from Dan M. for attacking and disparaging me on a public forum, then I might cease to actively steer people away from them. There is nothing they could do however, to regain my personal business.

-Pace

·
2,210 Posts
AutoXJunkie said:
They really should have had an editor proof that letter.

And re the content, ya never get a second chance to make a first impression. There's too many other vendors out there who want my business.

Moreover, if they were going to "turn over a new leaf" they really should have had some sort of big promotion/sale as a more tangable apology to their customers. This "hey, we'll play better now, we promise!" just doesn't cut it, IMO. They screwed up and lost the Subaru community's business. They don't just get it back for free by asking nicely in a poorly written letter.

Sorry if this is harsh, but, I think Vivid will find this is the feeling many if not most of us are going to have. You want our business back, guys? Try harder!
You perfectly articulated my own feelings on this statement from Vivid. If they had made ocasional mistakes in a few isolated cases, it would be one thing. However they have made a veritable habit out of poor customer service and questionable business practicies.

Where's the I-Club monkey when you need it?

-Pace

·
593 Posts
I have never been a fan of VIVID. And I can never ever see them being straight up. They are one of the worst companies I have ever tried to work with.

No amount of service support will fix that. Its not a delivery issue its a company issue its rotten through the core. All they have done is taken Fedex on board to do the shipping. Nothing else.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't want to go into details, because if I piss Vivid off I may never get it straightened out. Let's just say they have had a large chunk of my money since November.

But let's even give them the benefit of the doubt. Let's say they've improved to be an "average" retailer. Why would I want to bother when you have people like Garret at World One Performance?

If you order something from Garret and it's on back-order he tells you that upfront. Even when I've ordered parts from Garret that were back-ordered I never felt like I was getting screwed. He would email me every now and again letting me know the status of the back order.

At the end of this month I'll be ordering a PE1818F, TurboXS top-mount IC, STi injectors and a walbro fuel pump (god I love tax return time :D). I will split that order between World One Perfomance and Gruppe-S.

·
Registered
114 Posts
The last post on this topic was over 1/2 year ago, does anyone have any recent run-in & experiences (both good or bad) with Vividracing.com? I'm curious as to how Vivid's been doing before I decide to take them off my own personal vendor blacklist. Just as a side note, some of the people over at evolutionm.net are starting to complain about vivid also, I saw a couple negative threads over there. (see below)

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?threadid=30757&highlight=vivid+racing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts