Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and still has some room. These are on 91 oct CA pump gas. With a little higher oct I'll get a bit more. Big thanks to Brainstrom for sorting out the tuning.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Nice job Vivid!

Just curious....what's that big dip you have around 6500rpm?

·
Registered
202 Posts
I dont mean to sound like an a$$ but those curves look very choppy. Looks like fuel delivery issues. Are you using an adjusable FPR with your setup? That is scary if 565cc injectors are maxed out at only 318/274.

I wonder what are some of the other guys making similar or better power ( God? ) are using for injectors/ecu/fuel pump ect.

·
Registered
202 Posts
is 3rd or 4th gear 1:1 on wrx?

I thought 4th gear in the wrx has 1:1 ratio? If so, is there a reason to do dyno runs in a gear that isnt a straight 1:1 ratio? doesnt that make power numbers inaccurate since the torque multiplier of the gear ratio would affect the #'s?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
375 on the bottle 315 off that's correct.

As for the choppy line, there was a buzz in the electrical line. Or so I was told. Car pulls very smooth though and linear.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
twinz- No FPR as of yet. Not maxed @ 318 maxed @ 375.

Also not sure about the gear or number differences by gear. Looks like they were from third gear. Will ask Brainstorm for more info when Roshan returns on Monday.

Thanks for interest and input.

Mike
VR

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: is 3rd or 4th gear 1:1 on wrx?

twinz said:
I thought 4th gear in the wrx has 1:1 ratio? If so, is there a reason to do dyno runs in a gear that isnt a straight 1:1 ratio? doesnt that make power numbers inaccurate since the torque multiplier of the gear ratio would affect the #'s?
fourth is a bit overdriven. it would have be nice to have a 1:1 4th. i dont have the ratios in front of me now

·
Registered
202 Posts
VividRacing.com said:
twinz- No FPR as of yet. Not maxed @ 318 maxed @ 375.

Also not sure about the gear or number differences by gear. Looks like they were from third gear. Will ask Brainstorm for more info when Roshan returns on Monday.

Thanks for interest and input.

Mike
VR
Glad to hear that as my own upgrade plan will most likely get me in the 300-320whp range when completed so this is good info to have..thought I might have had to rethink my injector selection( sti 565's). On the gearing..that is worth checking. To get an accurate picture of power output it is most common to do dyno runs in a gear that has a ratio of 1:1 or as close to that as possible...usually 4th gear on most 5 speed tranny's.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Right on. I'll let you know what I find out on Monday. Hoping to get to the track tonight for some 1/4 mi passes on and off the bottle. It's still pretty hot down here but @ least I'll be able to get an idea of what I picked up. I'm finding out quickly that the right tuning makes all the difference.

·
Registered
202 Posts
VividRacing.com said:
Right on. I'll let you know what I find out on Monday. Hoping to get to the track tonight for some 1/4 mi passes on and off the bottle. It's still pretty hot down here but @ least I'll be able to get an idea of what I picked up. I'm finding out quickly that the right tuning makes all the difference.

good luck!!! I would imagine high 11's are possible on the bottle with that much at the wheels! :)

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
what kind of mods do you have and how much did they cost you. im looking at the vishnu stage 1 which puts out 305 bhp and around 255 whp. what do you suggest?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts