Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to see what the general feedback was on Vishnu tuning products. I saw the Stage Zero package and that looks like the best initial modding route for me...and an authorized Vishnu installer is closeby to me too :)

For anyone who has the upgrade kits or knows of them, how do you like it? Has it caused you any problems? And how do you like the results? Bringing my car down to 13 seconds in the 1/4 mile for about a grand is very VERY tempting. Thanks,

-slim

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nothing but good feedback both here and at I-Club about Vishnu.

I started with Stage 0 and it was a fantastic improvement. Only problem is it leaves you wanting more. Now at Stage 2 and it's completely awesome.

My wife and I went driving last weekend and when kept under 4000RPM's, you can't even tell it's heavily modded. Great driveability and increadible performance.

·
Registered
559 Posts
God,,does your kit have underdrive pulleys???
Vishnu Kit does have underdrive pulleys and after i did a lot of research,,i came to the conclusion that a underdrive pulley is a crap mod.
It reduces your battery and i heard many people complaining about it because the unichip runs much poorly with a underdrive pulley.
I am not saying vishnu Kit is crap,,but as i dont like the pulleys idea i never looked closely at the vishnu kit.
for me as soon as i saw the underdrive pulleys in the kit i marked it off my buyings...
Dont buy kits,,make yourself a kit with a experienced dealer that can give you a good assistance.
if you choose gods kit,,then i think you will be very well covered.
Try making your own setup.
Thanks
TUca

·
Registered
180 Posts
God said:
It's not hard to do. My stage 0 is $1000 also and gets you 13.6 in the 1/4 mile. Add a Unichip and you're at 13.2. Not bad for stock turbo and intercooler.
what are the ingredients in your stage 0? doesn't appear on your web page at all

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Thats because his stage 0's kinda vary person to person. Just tell him you got a grand to spend and what you want and hell tell you what you can have. I believe his standard stage 0 is uppipe $200, Blitz sbicd $450, and a downpipe for the remaining. Im not positive though but thats a generall idea of his kit.

Alex

·
1,911 Posts
Well there are two ways you can go. Uppipe/downpipe/catback/MBC. Or you can go uppipe/downpipe/SBC-id. It kind of depends on where you are going to go from here. I'm not a big fan of MBC's as many have noticed but I had to bring both in at around $1000 and although I do offer pulleys they are not part of any of my packages. My packages are listed on my WRX page at the top. I think I still have to add the Stage 0.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
God,

How much of a hp gain am I looking at when I use your kit? Similar to Vishnu's Stage Zero? Got any 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times before and after the upgrade? Thanks man,

-slim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey God... I have a question for you... you can private message me the answer if you want..

I was wondering how much you charge for the Staged kits (stage I and II).. including installation...

Thanks.

·
1,911 Posts
I already posted average times by one of my customers. He had Apexi WS exhaust which is pretty quiet. Stock times are about 14.7-14.8 average. No one measures 0-60 so have no idea on that. Bert, e-mail me on the packages and let me know how much power you're looking for ultimately. I'll give you estimate. Do you have anything done already?

·
Registered
932 Posts
After a recent autocross, some buddies and I test drove each other's WRX sedans with different set ups. One had the Vishnu Stage 0 and the other had ONLY a 3" catless turbo-back exhaust. The one with just the exhaust felt MUCH faster. We were all very surprised.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts