ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about getting the stage zero kit......however im not impressed with the MBC included with it.........is it possible to run a different MBC such as the TXS Dual Stage with the vishnu system??? thanks DML

·
Registered
766 Posts
You can run whatever you'd like to control boost. I am using a Blitz SBC-ID. I had to send my Unichip back because it was not programmed correctly for my turboback and Samco intercooler hoses, but even with just the stock Stage 0 settings, the car pulled like a locomotive!! I can't wait to get my Unichip back next week!! Highly recommended.

Calvin

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks calvin, but do i need to let them know upon ordering the stage zero that i wont be usuing their boost control so they can properly program the chip???? also can any shop install the kit??? thanks again...DML

·
Registered
766 Posts
You can tell them you don't need the MBC and they'll deduct it and give you a discount. The programming on the chip should be the same, but talk to them and they'll tell you if they need to do anything different. I would assume that most places could install it for you, but I would try to find someplace that has experience with the uppipe install as that is the toughest. I had someone install mine and haven't had any problems. I did the rest of the install myself. Took me about 5 hours to install the UD pulley, spark plugs, samco intercooler hoses, AVO catchcan, and Unichip. I would say that if all I had to install was the Stage 0 parts, I would have been done in 2 hours tops.

Calvin

·
Registered
33 Posts
Calvin,
So what part of Jersy are you from? And where did you get
the uppipe installed? Thats my biggest concern at this point.
Pat

·
Registered
766 Posts
Pat,

I'm from Marlboro. I had my uppipe installed by Eric Lyublinsky aka WRBLUEWAGON on I-club. He's a recommended Vishnu installer off of Vishnu's website. He's done over 40 uppipe installs and only had one leak due to not using new gaskets. Lots of people in NJ have had their uppipes installed by him. He can do the entire Stage 0 install if you want or just the uppipe.

It's up to you, but I wanted to do everything except the uppipe since I didn't want any leak problems. It takes a good 4 hours just for the uppipe alone and that's someone experienced doing the work. You could always do the install yourself as many people have, but I just didn't have the time to waste if I developed a leak.

Calvin

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't want to sound like the old lady in the group but I need to know, wIll the stage O void the factory warrenty?:confused:

·
Registered
766 Posts
Probably since you're replacing the uppipe with a catless uppipe. All the other items can be removed pretty easily. You would only have to remove the Unichip (easy if you get the EMI harness), the UD pulley, and the MBC. Most people don't even know to look for the uppipe though. As with anything, you assume the risk when you decide to mod your car.

Calvin

·
Registered
52 Posts
droidel said:
I don't want to sound like the old lady in the group but I need to know, wIll the stage O void the factory warrenty?:confused:
The Vishnu UP-PIPE substitution does not have a catalytic converter. Removing your catalytic converter is illegal for street driving. Substituting your stock accessory pulley for an aftermarket underdriven accessory pulley without a harmonic damper will also void your engine and electronics warranty. Changing your ECU programming via a piggyback computer and adding a manual boost controller to increase your manifold boost pressure will also void the engine's warranty. You might not void the warranty if you change to a colder rating spark plug, but Subaru of America is going ballistic trying to void modified car warranties. This is illegal, but you'll have to fight for your right to a warranty. It will not be convenient.

In a nutshell - yes, modding your car will void your car's warranty. You gotta pay to play! :(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Calvin,
I pretty much want to do it the same way as you. The
uppipe is a concern, but everything else seems easy. Could
you give me an idea of what it would cost for the uppipe install?
Can't wait to get started on everything.
Pat

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok here goes.....instead of vishnu....heres a deal i found.....TXS unichip......Perrin Subaru uppipe.......nippon Denso plugs installed for 1125.....whaddya think????

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
For the same price I would go with Vishnu. The Vishnu package also has the Pully which is good for 7-9WHP. Also, after talking with Joel and Shiv @ Vishnu, they said that TXS, tunes the unichip based off of TPS signal, and Vishnu tunes off of the MAP sensor. IMHO, I would say MAP tuning is way better, look at the Link and other Standalone ECU's as proof.

BTW, I'm NOT bashing TurboXS, I think they are great, but this info is what Joel told me TXS does, and IF so, I would personally prefer MAP tuning better.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
its NOT the same price! know what it costs to install the stage zero???? LOL.....this way i am saving much bank......also i can live without the pulleys...i havent heard great things about the vishnu ones anyway and i am less than thrilled with their customer service. I have heard such great things about them......but havent recd any personally......must you be in their cult fan club? do you get a secret ring???? :D THEN....you could sign me up!!!LOL...thanks for the insight....DML

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
droidel said:
no one mod will "void you entire warranty" there is no such thing. if your radio stops working for example, subaru will be hard pressed to blame it's malfunction on your uppipe or stage 0 componants.

it is the dealers responsibility by law to prove that your modification is the source of the problem. then and only then can that problem be denied coverage.

DML,
play nice. it's hard to interpret tone from text, but there was a definite negative tone in your post. take it easy.

dR

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No dR........not negativity there...........just frustration.........i HEAR lots of great things about vishnu, but when i e-mail, i get nop response.......when i call they give me BS on the phone.......thats why i ask about a secret club.....if youre in it do you get good service from them?????? and BTW......i ALWAYS wanted a secret decoder ring!!!!!;) DML

1 - 16 of 16 Posts