Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys,

I'm posting this for Shiv because he's swamped with tuning and sales. The rumor that they will raise the price on the Stage 0 is true and by bye 24th the kit will be in the neightborhood of about $1075-1100 so I encourage you guys to go this awesome kit if you guys are thinking about a aftermarket upgrade.

Below is some information that I pasted from www.vishnuperformance.com.

The fun starts here. Setting the industry standard for high performance and exceptional quality at a low price, our entry-level Stage Zero system will transform your WRX into a true road rocket. Extensive road, drivability and dynamometer testing has yielded what could only be described as the ideal upgrade for those who want no-fuss, bolt-on performance in one elegant and comprehensive package. Includes Vishnu-tuned Unichip, Power Pulley, 321 Up-Pipe kit, NGK Platinum Spark Plugs, and manual boost controller. Expect a reliable, perfectly tractable and virtually lag-free 35 to 40 wheel horsepower gain with this system. This package represents the ideal foundation on which to build up upon. In terms of “Bang for the Buck”, no other industry offering comes close. On the Dynojet, expect 220-225 wheel horsepower. See Dyno Graphs.

At the Drag Strip…
0-60mph: 4.5-4.6 seconds
¼ Mile: 13.2-13.7 seconds @ 100-102 mph
(Customer Results)

If you would like to place an order, please call us at 925-964-9233. If you have questions, you can call us or email the appropriate address (yes, we'll still help you if you don't know where to send your email - send it to sales if nothing else looks appropriate):

Sales, [email protected] [PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL CREDIT CARD INFORMATION]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Maybe you could help me clear a few things up:

Stage 0 includes:
Vishnu-tuned Unichip
Power Pulley
321 Up-Pipe kit
Colder NGK park Plugs
manual boost controller

Stage .5 adds:
modular downpipe
auxiliary electronics and appropriately revised Unichip mapping

Stage 1 adds:
cat-back exhaust system
re-mapped Unichip

Is this correct?

If so, any idea on availibility and pricing of the Stage 1 kit?

What is everyone else doing for exhaust now that has Stage 0 ? it doesnt look like Stage 1 is done?

How does everyone compare this to the Cobb Spec Kit?

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right on the Stage 0, .5, and 1 specs but i'm not 100% sure on whethere the unichip will be retuned for the stage .5. You're looking at about $1600 for the stage 1 for their secret patented electronics and their nceily designed downpipe and that's where most of the money is giong to, so they're still trying to figure out how much the stage .5 is going to run. The nice thing about the stage .5 is that it works with the stock exhaust and still give you about 20 more wheel horsepower. I just installed the M2 Performance turboback on top of my stage 0 and Whew, what a huge difference it made to my car. I'll a review and an install on that later on this week when I'm not so busy so look out for that. I think if you want to go for a upgrade package stick with Vishnu becuase the stage 0 alone gives you a proven 42 whp, and that's a lot of power considering you're still using a factory exhasut and turbo and later on Vishnu will be working hard to come up with some great products for our cars. Man I don't even want to see what the stage 2 is going to consist of and how much power that's going to put out.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't heard any problem with it so far. Check their website and call Shiv or Joel if you have any specific questions. They also have a web forum for stage 0 users you can probably look around in there to see if anyone's had any problems with them. Roberto got a CEL the first day he installed his pulley but that's about it I guess. And to make sure the uppipe doesn't leak you can always get some new gaskets. I installed mine w/o any gaskets and I had no problems with it. Vishnu is comming out with the stage 0.5 and the stage 1, which is giong to come out in about a month and that's giong to kick major ass. I have the M2 dual tip turboback installed on my car with the Vishnu stage 0 and right now I'm very happy wtih the setup. this summer I'm going to try to attend as many road racing events and autocrossing events as possible :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Stage Zero.... it's pretty cotton-picking cool methinks.

About 50% of people who have the kit get CEL's, but its almost always just the factory ecu getting freaked out by the unichip (in over simplified terms). Other than that, it's a pretty safe set of upgrades, and has been thoroughly tested on pee-water 91 octance gas and runs fine.

The biggest improvement that I noticed (other than the obvious improvements in arse-hauling), was that the turbo eases on much smoother, and isn't nearly as abrupt or choppy as stock. Bang for buck, there's nothing that can beat the Stage Zero IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
drag strip

yo blazinWRX... I am thinking about getting the stage 0... have you tested it on the track yet.... and with all your mods so far.... how well do you do in the 1/4mile.. and 0-60... i belive you must have remarkable time man

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey BlazinWRX

Sup man we been chatting through e-mail. When I come back to UCIrvine you gotta show me you car man! That sounds like the sweetness. I still have got a long way for my platinum baby to grow. Let's hook it up sometime. ICS!:confused:

Anteaters.... lol j/k... it's all about the REX:) btw do you have the Vishnu Stage 0 in?

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Suby:

i tested my 0-60 and unfortunately the best I've gotten is 5.4, which was the same as the best time I got without the stage 0 kit. The reason why my 0-60 is not impressive is becuase of the 17x7.5 wheels with the Falken Azenis. The Black Racing wheels I have are about 17lbs, which is very close to the stock rims. However, the Falken Azenis RS tires are really heavy and they have really stiff sidewalls, which is good for turns but bad for acceleration.

Enigma: Sure dude let me know when you want to meet up and I'll be happy to show you my car. Send me an e-mail at [email protected]. I'm usually around school monday/wednesday/ and fridays for the next 4-5 weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right now about 280-290 but if you go with the full stage 1 kit from Vishnu you're looking at roughly 310.

·
Registered
81 Posts
so

on their website.. it is offered at 1095.. not including shipping.. well how much does it cost shipped to hawaii? thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Yeah, he'll remap it for free, you just have to pay for shipping to him. I just shipped my Unichip back to get remapped and should hopefully be getting it back today. :)

Calvin

1 - 19 of 19 Posts