ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to figure out which kit to go with, Vishnu stage 0 or TurboXS stage 1. I already have an up-pipe installed and Samco hoses on order. I just want good drivability and performance without too many problems. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Jland67

·
Registered
718 Posts
good question

Im interested in this question also. Id like to know what you guys think. Also perhaps a side by side comparison of what you get with the two kits and what price they're asking for them.

·
Registered
442 Posts
You have to splice wires for the Vishnu unichip, but the TurboXS has a harness that doesn't require splicing. But from what I have read, the guys at Vishnu really know how to tune well. Splicing the wires is not a problem, but it would be easire to remove the TurboXS unichip if a problem arises.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Prince Ali said:
You have to splice wires for the Vishnu unichip, but the TurboXS has a harness that doesn't require splicing. But from what I have read, the guys at Vishnu really know how to tune well. Splicing the wires is not a problem, but it would be easire to remove the TurboXS unichip if a problem arises.
I've had reason to put the car back in stock looking condition to take it to the dealer for a CEL issue. It took me about 15 minutes to completely remove the TXS Unichip and harness plus the MBC. If they need to replace or reprogram the ECU (it looks like they have recalled the ECUs in a number of VINs including mine) they'll never see any trace of modifications. If I had hard wired the Vishnu Unichip, I would be very concerned by now about possible repercussions.

Just my $.02

Manuel

·
2,472 Posts
Prince Ali said:
i lost the thread on i-club, but shiv said that the new vishnu kits will have a harness type unichip so you won't have to splice wires. good news for the folk who havnt gotten the kit, but it sure makes some of us who already have cut the factory wirres mad :D

·
Registered
772 Posts
I spoke to both TurboXS and Vishnu. Those are great guys. They will actually recommand the correct unichip map (their's or other people's unichip) for your car based on the kinda mods you have. This is what I called professionalism :D

Call them and let them tell you what you need. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
96 Posts
screw all that

go with what ive got

call dan at godspeed and order it up

you wont be disappointed

·
Registered
772 Posts
a_is_a_1984 said:
screw all that

go with what ive got

call dan at godspeed and order it up

you wont be disappointed
Guess you gonna go personally tune jlan67's rex once you got all that stuff installed :D I sure don't and won't. Later.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts