ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have an appointment next week to get my side skirts sprayed to match my car. 150 for both so i think its an ok deal. My buddy does vinyl on the side and raised a question.

He said he could color match the vinyl to the car and just cover the black part of the side skirts with vinyl. :dontknow:
or he said he could just overlay color matched lettering over the black so it would still be black with silver 2.0 TURBO or something overlaid on the black.

He said it could only cost like 20 bucks so maybe that would be something to do if you cant throw down the money for the pro spray.
I dont think you could make any kind of vinyl covering look as good as paint but thats just me.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
making a vinyl look as good as a spray job, sure, can be done with quality materials, if the installer knows what he is doing and the body panel is smooth. Though, since it is basically a big sticker, it will not wear the same as paint to scuffs, scrapes, and debris damage.

I would be far more worried about the color marching aspect.Silver is one of the hardest colors to match, and on vinyl you will be depending on a computer to interpret the color and reproduce it via printing on vinyl. You don't order a custom roll made of color matched vinyl from 3M for a job like this. Additionally, you would be trying to marh a silver than has had 10 years of sun damage. that is a tuff bill to fill.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts