Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to own a prelude which is a reason why I occasionally drop by the prelude forums. Here's a thread from a member there driving a 5th gen prelude with I/E and a 65 shot racing a WRX with an exhuast.

Let me give you guys a warning... you're gonna start grinding your teeth and pulling your hair when you read the posts. You might even start sharing your opinion on that thread and it won't be pretty!

http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?threadid=86460

·
Registered
278 Posts
Let me give you all a warning...don't go over there and start **** because it won't get you anywhere. One of wordie's buddies went over to ClubRSX and posted a kill of a Type S and all hell broke loose.

Its not worth it. There is always one car you can take down in a group, assuming you find a bad enough driver. He's running 14s which means any of you good driver's would beat him stock. He doesn't have to be a good driver, he drives a sportshift or something like that. And that isn't inflammatory, that's the truth. The driver error is almost completely taken out of the equation...I'm not calling autos puss or anything like that, but the truth is they are easier to drive.

For your sake and for your cars, I'd say "let it go" because we all know for 100% that most STOCK WRX's with a decent driver will beat that 'Lude...don't give the fellas the satisfaction of knowing they got to you - I've seen what it can do. The fact is, most of you aren't stock so it isn't even worth your time.

Also, notice how he's never (or rarely) posted a loss...I'm only saying this because when you react, it gives them the power they are looking for.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh man, sportshift? that is an automatic transmission!
No wonder he only ran 14's, automatic preludes are not all that fast to begin with. Drop out of powerband in every gear due to the fact that there are only 4 gears.
I was going to buy a manual prelude before the WRX, but Honda discontinued it. And the thought of buying a brand new discontinued car just doesn't settle in too well.

·
Registered
265 Posts
my buddy has a 5th gen type SH, we raced the other day, both are bone stock, he needs more than a 65 shot to even have a chance. he could probably pull me above 120 though.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Jim's right, something about it isn't right. Did you see the gangsta arm thing going on with the WRX driver? :D

I dunno though...if they're on a roll and then he sprayed, AND he was already a little ahead of the WRX, it doesn't surprise me at all that he took off the way he did.

·
Registered
72 Posts
The subaru didn't even get to react. The, prelude left on the 2nd honk. What the hell is that lol. I mean i'd be scared too but atleast give the dude a heads up race.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Jared703 said:
The subaru didn't even get to react. The, prelude left on the 2nd honk. What the hell is that lol. I mean i'd be scared too but atleast give the dude a heads up race.
Actually, if you listen closely, you can hear the third honk right as he accelerates. He does say in the thread that the #3 finger caught him by surprised so he honk quickly. It's entirely possibly that he got a "good" jump and held it. I also think it's pretty obvious that the WRX driver wasn't that good. Of course, they didn't race very far, so perhaps the WRX didn't have to spool.

·
Registered
189 Posts
14 sec with nitros is slow. I thougt that NOS would have made it faster. I lined up with a Nissan 240 at the track and he had NOS and he only ran a 13.8.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Jeez, more of that "race from a roll" crap. I must have missed it when this became a legitimate form of racing. And he seemed so proud of that, too. Kinda sad when nobody will race you heads up from the line anymore, isn't it?

·
Registered
189 Posts
he lists his 0-60 time of 5.7 with NOS. I could do that bone stock. It seems like to much work to make a Prelude fast. My buddy has one with several mods and I would kill that car. Anyway, I've spent less than $500 on mods and I can consitently run very low 14's in a wagon. Sweet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
KJ0813 said:
Jeez, more of that "race from a roll" crap. I must have missed it when this became a legitimate form of racing. And he seemed so proud of that, too. Kinda sad when nobody will race you heads up from the line anymore, isn't it?
He can't win if he races from a stop...his only chance is to race from a roll so thats what he does.
a 30 mph roll is defanitely not a wrx's strength, and he took advantage of that good for him.

·
Registered
9 Posts
SobeWRX said:

He can't win if he races from a stop...his only chance is to race from a roll so thats what he does.
a 30 mph roll is defanitely not a wrx's strength, and he took advantage of that good for him.
Yeah, interesting. "He can't win if he races from a stop." That's known in drag racing as being "slower".

·
Registered
785 Posts
I can't wait till he tries to race a new vette. :rolleyes:

It looks to me like he punched it before the WRX and got a jump and the WRX is reeling him in (even with a not so good driver) when the film stops. Preludes are ghey.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
smokey said:
Let me give you all a warning...don't go over there and start **** because it won't get you anywhere. One of wordie's buddies went over to ClubRSX and posted a kill of a Type S and all hell broke loose.

Its not worth it. There is always one car you can take down in a group, assuming you find a bad enough driver. He's running 14s which means any of you good driver's would beat him stock. He doesn't have to be a good driver, he drives a sportshift or something like that. And that isn't inflammatory, that's the truth. The driver error is almost completely taken out of the equation...I'm not calling autos puss or anything like that, but the truth is they are easier to drive.

For your sake and for your cars, I'd say "let it go" because we all know for 100% that most STOCK WRX's with a decent driver will beat that 'Lude...don't give the fellas the satisfaction of knowing they got to you - I've seen what it can do. The fact is, most of you aren't stock so it isn't even worth your time.

Also, notice how he's never (or rarely) posted a loss...I'm only saying this because when you react, it gives them the power they are looking for.
It's true. I was one of the few that actually tried to represent the WRX but all I get is bashings after bashings. Some of these guys are so egoistic that they won't even bother to understand your point at all even though the points are pretty obvious.

Just keep in mind that alot of these guys actually like the thought of being able to flame and enjoy doing it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
KJ0813, Just cause he didn't want to race a WRX from a stop doesn't mean he is slower, it doesn't mean he cheats, it doesn't mean anything negative. It means he would rather play to his strengths. Each car has its different strengths. LEt me use a basketball analogy. If you asked both Larry Bird and Dominic Wilkins to go head to head in either a dunk contest or a three point shooting contest, which do you think each would choose? Obviously Bird would choose the three point shooting contest because he is one of the best shooters ever. However, if you were to ask Wilkins, he would obviously choose a dunk contest because there has never been another person who could dunk like him. Now both of these guys are among the 50 greatest players and were simply amazing players. Neither one would be wrong in choosing his strength. I don't think the guy with the prelude did anything wrong, he knew that the WRX would have a huge advantage if he raced from a stop. He tried to even it out by racing from a roll. Just give the guy credit for having a really fast Prelude. They are nice cars and he obviously did a nice job with his.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts