ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I went on a drive out to Wendover, NV and When I was exiting the freeway while stopping I felt a vibration and heard a grinding sound. The vibration shook the whole care and I could also feel it through the steering wheel. It seemed like the transmission was stuck in 5th while slowing down. On the way back I stopped off on the side of the freeway and when I went to accelerate the trans was really stiff going through the gears and when I got to 3rd and 4th gear I felt a harsh vibration. The clutch and throwout bearing were replaced with the pilot bearing 5k ago with my engine...

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also forgot to mention that the car drives normal durring my daily driving... The shifter seems to be a little stiff and breaks don't have any issues to my knowlege, but are about to need to be replaced...

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
With the shifter being a little stiff, I'm wondering if your clutch isn't fully disengaging. Did the shop you went to give you any kind of warranty on the work?

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the shifter being a little stiff, I'm wondering if your clutch isn't fully disengaging. Did the shop you went to give you any kind of warranty on the work?
They didn't really say anything about it, but since its been almost a year I doubt they'd really honor anything if there was... I've only put 5k miles on it since then...lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts