ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys
I have a 2002 wrx 100% stock. For a while now, mainly on the first trip of the day my car has been vibrating when I am starting from a complete stop into first gear. It is somewhat dampened if I give the car a lot of gas when I take off. This happened all summer so it is not just a cold weather thing. Does anyone know what may be causing this? Thanks a lot.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
Sounds like chatter, and this did happen on that model. At one point Subaru were replacing the clutch set and I think the flywheel as a result. Mine was replaced for free at 30K back in 2003 or so. Clutch chatter went away after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. Now I at least have a name for this problem. I bought my car from a used dealer so I guess this wouldnt be covered so I will just deal with it. Like I said...it only happens during the first trip of the day or when the car has been sitting a while so its not a huge issue.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,205 Posts
It could be the result of wear at this point too, I don't know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It sounds like the flywheel and the clutch aren't agreeing anymore, probably time for a new one. Just remember to resurface the flywheel if it's still useable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts