ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 18" wheels on my car and have been having trouble getting the vibration in the steering wheel to stop at highway speeds. It doesn't pull or anything and I just got them rebalanced. I was wondering if I need to put in a hub centric ring or something like that. I hope that I can fix it some how, I won't be able to stand riding on the interstate for any length of time if not. Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
444 Posts
Hubcentric rings will most likely cure your problem. It's worth it to get a set, their only like $3.

·
Moderating on the run!
12,477 Posts
If the new wheels fit w/ any "slop" then get the rings- you have to measure the inside bore of your wheel to get the right ring- the hub is 56mm.

Big Sky

·
Registered
878 Posts
hmmm mne were shaking as well at about 60 mph and beyond untill today when i got them rebalanced, did you do the rebalancing at the same shop as the inital becasue the machine may be bad i went to another shop and saw that the inital balancing was way off. I understand your pain, when the car shook driving it was a pain now its fun again:) GOOD LUCk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts