ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if anyone on here's running the Vibrant Streetpower Cat-back exhaust on their WRX (the dual tip one seen here. ) I was looking at it to finish my turbo-back because it's slighty cheaper than the Borla Hush system and I've heard good things about Vibrant's in-line resonators. I want to remain relatively quiet with minimal highway drone because I do alot of highway driving. I also want it to look stock so I'd like to stick with the dual tip setup. I heard sound clips on Youtube, but I have nothing to compare it to. If you guys have any insight or comparisons to offer, I'd really appreciate it.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I drive an '03 sedan.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
That's a very pricey catback. You say that's cheaper than the Hush? I've seen the Hush for $100 less than that.

I really don't know much about that company other than $670 for a catback is $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the manufacturer it's more expensive. There's a shop that has it going for $535. The cheapest I've seen a new Borla Hush is $600 picked up local for cash.

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Nice but over priced

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
The lack of posts on this thread should tell you people don't really know much about it, which to me means I'd probably stay away. The Borla Hush is highly regarded, so even though it might be a little more than this one, you're getting a very high quality, well-liked product that you'll definitely be happy with.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The lack of posts on this thread should tell you people don't really know much about it, which to me means I'd probably stay away. The Borla Hush is highly regarded, so even though it might be a little more than this one, you're getting a very high quality, well-liked product that you'll definitely be happy with.

+1

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was just curious if anyone on here's running the Vibrant Streetpower Cat-back exhaust on their WRX (the dual tip one seen here. ) I was looking at it to finish my turbo-back because it's slighty cheaper than the Borla Hush system and I've heard good things about Vibrant's in-line resonators. I want to remain relatively quiet with minimal highway drone because I do alot of highway driving. I also want it to look stock so I'd like to stick with the dual tip setup. I heard sound clips on Youtube, but I have nothing to compare it to. If you guys have any insight or comparisons to offer, I'd really appreciate it.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I drive an '03 sedan.
I know this is an old thread but I just installed the Vibrant Streetpower catback on my 02 WRX. I'm running a catless 3" down pipe and my setup is loud. It's comparable in sound and performance to the autospeed catback i had on previously. It has a sweet deep growl, even around town at low rpm. Wide open it's plain raucous loud. Highway drone is not to bad, 6 gear 3000/3500 is the most annoying. So far i've had the Invidia N1 and the Autospeed on the car and this Vibrant is the quietest but not by much. It sounds louder than the sound clip of the Borla hush but that's just a sound clip. Overall its louder than what I wanted. I would trade for something quieter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts