ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Does anyone know what the vf39 turbo is efficient to? How would I be able to tell if I have a vf39?
If it is an STI you have a VF39 stock. Othewise go to the passenger side of your car and take a close up pic of the front of the turbo. Use a flash light so youll be able to read the scribed in letters in the pic.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Going over and above for a fellow Suby owner. Thats what so great about this site.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Efficient to about 325-350hp. It may say it on the turbo.
Maybe 350 crank hp, 18-20 PSI is the most you should run... as to if thats efficient thats another question. The vf39 doesn't have incredibly good spool up characteristics and wasn't designed for top end power.

A turbo upgrade is always the solution to fix that weak link.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there any thing I can do to increase my vf39's efficiency? change the wheels or "clip" them if the term is correct?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
Maybe 350 crank hp, 18-20 PSI is the most you should run... as to if thats efficient thats another question. The vf39 doesn't have incredibly good spool up characteristics and wasn't designed for top end power.
Yes,yes it does.Even on a 2.0L the VF39 will spool up as fast or faster than a 16G.No VF series IHI really does good up top running high boost.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It'd all depend on its condition once it was off the car unfortunately. Things like the amount of shaft play and whether or not the hot side crack is there.
What turbo kit would you recommend, I'm looking for something that will get me close to 400 wheel horse power but is affordable as well. I have and
04' Sti.

·
Registered
27 Posts
What is affordable to you? A AVO 500S Turbo well get you 400whp at 15 psi easy but it walso cost about 2,000. All depends on your budget.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts