ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i plan on getting a new turbo hopefully in the near future, and i was planning on the vf34, a good all around turbo. i just had a few quick questions before i got the turbo.

1) What supporting mods do you suggest i get (fuel injectors, fuel pump, ect.) and by that i mean, what size injectors and brand and stuff.

2) with that size turbo, would it be worth it to rebuild the engine/tranny. i am usually pretty smooth shifting, but sometimes i like to let the RPMs get up there.

3) Should i got with a fmic or tmic with this turbo. If so, please state the brand.

Thanks

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
Teh Rexzor said:
1) What supporting mods do you suggest i get (fuel injectors, fuel pump, ect.) and by that i mean, what size injectors and brand and stuff.
If you're using an OTS map, go with the map notes (Cobb doesn't require anything but the turbo/TBE). If you're going with a Protune, contact the tuner and go with what they'd recommend.

Teh Rexzor said:
2) with that size turbo, would it be worth it to rebuild the engine/tranny. i am usually pretty smooth shifting, but sometimes i like to let the RPMs get up there.
STi tranny would be nice, but not necessary

Teh Rexzor said:
3) Should i got with a fmic or tmic with this turbo. If so, please state the brand.
STi TMIC (used, if possible)

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
vf34 is great, just don't launch and the 5-speed should be ok

·
Banned
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
yeah, i havent launched my car once, that is what i have my friends i-Vtec for, lol. The cobb site has a map for a vf39, will that work for the vf34? i have stage 2 as of now.

also what turbo, in your opinion, is better for a 2.5 2007 wrx... a vf34, vf 39, or 18g

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
yeah, i havent launched my car once, that is what i have my friends i-Vtec for, lol. The cobb site has a map for a vf39, will that work for the vf34? i have stage 2 as of now.

also what turbo, in your opinion, is better for a 2.5 2007 wrx... a vf34, vf 39, or 18g
I'd say 18g but with your trans, I'd stick with a vf39 or vf34.

A vf34 should be used with a vf34 map, a vf39 should be used with a vf39 map. However, you could just have the turbo installed and have the car tuned in the same day.

·
Banned
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, thats true, but now come to think of it, i might just spring the extra money for the pro tune. Micha, i see that you live in NJ... do you know if Percision Tunning, located in brick, is dooing pro tunes again??? and i think i might just get the 18g and set up a tranny fund this summer when the big cash for me starts to roll in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts