Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i knw that the pe can hold more boost and the vf spools quicker of the 2 but say both are set at 16 psi, will one accelerate faster form a 60mph roll? im just looking for input from people with knwledge/experiane with these turbos, each ones strong points etc....

·
Registered
635 Posts
the 1818 is a larger turbo, probably gonna be quite a bit stronger up-top than the 34, at least i hope so, as i sold my 34 for an 1818.:D

·
Registered
392 Posts
You shouldn't need a new tranny with the PE1818. Stock manual tranny is suppose to hold 330hp but each tranny is different so theres no way of telling for sure. Your tranny will definitely be fine with the VF34, just don't do nothing stupid and you'll be ok

·
Banned
601 Posts
blk04wgn said:
well i knw that the pe can hold more boost and the vf spools quicker of the 2 but say both are set at 16 psi, will one accelerate faster form a 60mph roll? im just looking for input from people with knwledge/experiane with these turbos, each ones strong points etc....
The bigger one(pe1818) should accelerate quicker from a roll at the same boost. A vf22 costs less then both(about half of a pe1818), and from what I hear is what pe uses to make it's 1818 and 1820s......

peace

1 - 6 of 6 Posts