ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just did an install yesturday, putting in the P&P vf34, sti injectors and walbro fuel pump. I reflashed it with the cobb vf34 map and the car runs fine. The only problem is it will not boost past 10 psi to save its life. It stops suddenly at 10 psi and hovers around 9 or so.
I reused the stock solenoid hoses and checked for any leaks or crack, there were none.
What can cause this? Am I goignt o need a restrictor of some kind to get bost to normal levels?

Brandon

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hehe when i installed my 34 yesterday while tuning it was boosting to 20psi and hitting fuel cut :mad: I gotta go do some tuning soon because this beast is knocking under boost quite a bit. Base maps = teh suck

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
My Cobb VF34 base map works fine. Between 16.5 to 17 psi to redline, hits like a hammer once the turbo is spooled. Admittedly, I'd like to get it tuned, once AccessTuner is out and established, to pull out some more power, and minimize lag.

Don't waste time talking to us; call Cobb and talk to Trey or Josh. I also reused the entire stock hose assembly that connects to the stock boost controller, so I don't know what would be different.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Keep us in the loop as to how you fix it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts