ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the thread title says,
I just bought a vf34, sti injectors, fuel pump and a perrin up pipe. I want to run the cobb vf34 map for my accessport but the map is made for a wrx with a turboback (which i dont have). Do y'all think i could run the map with no problems or would it hurt my car? Also, before all my parts go in, would anything happen to my car if i put in the fuel pump a few days before the turbo, etc. It is an easy install and thought i could take some time off the whole install.

Thanks

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
I'd say that you'd need at least a bigger downpipe. With that you should be able to get by on it

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
Trailboss said:
I'd say that you'd need at least a bigger downpipe. With that you should be able to get by on it
Ditto. It will still be really quiet with the stock catback, but you'll loose some topend power.

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
No Turboback? As in you're still going to be running 2 cats past the turbo? I wouldn't do that with Cobb's map. As the others said, replace the downpipe with a bellmouth 3", and you should be able to squeak buy with the stock catback, though it won't be optimized. I would definitely remove both cats past the turbo, or buy a downpipe with a high-flo cat.

Hey, you have to mostly remove the downpipe to get to the uppipe anyway, right?:)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Trailboss said:
They're all right. Save up for a Downpipe and a catback (you can leave the middle pipe cat it) then get everything installed.
Reason behind this is you have created so much more power that in order to make it efficent and not bottle up you need to open up your exhaust.

BTW, your car will NEVER feel the same after you ad all that power *my god, it will be wonderful.

Enjoy :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts