Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should be getting my VF34 sometime next week. Knowing myself, I won't be patient enough to wait for the injectors and fuel pump to come in. So what do I run my UTEC on? Should I keep it on the stage 2 + uppipe map and just turn down the boost? If so, what should I turn it down to. Any help would be much appreciated :)

·
Banned
968 Posts
Woah you ordered one? Keep it on stage 2 + uppipe, and run the boost your running now.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
God said:
VF34's are on mega special. Very good time to pick one up. Anyway, add a bit of fuel from 3000-7000 RPM on the stage 2 map for now. Then go to the stage 4 map from Turbo XS once you get the injectors and pump in.
Yeah, I picked one up for $795 shipped from Z1 Performance...I'm pleased with my purchase...eventhough I haven't received it yet :D

I really wish I was more knowledgable about the UTEC and its wokings. I don't think I'm qualified enough to add a little more fuel. Anychance of maybe getting a map from someone else out there? Or maybe someone can instruct me on how to do so?

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
how close to max duty cycle our your injectors at now? If they are close, id just wait. You dont want to melt that VF34 :D Also, what type of injectors/ fuel pump?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BoostedBoxer said:
how close to max duty cycle our your injectors at now? If they are close, id just wait. You dont want to melt that VF34 :D Also, what type of injectors/ fuel pump?
I'm getting the STi injectors and the Walbro (sp?) fuel pump. I then wanna get the Turbo XS FMIC, and it's up to Dallas to get tuned at Forced Induction Systems :D

As for how close to max duty cycle, I really don't know. Oh man you guys are gonna rip on me for this one, but how do I find that out.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Fahd, I would lower the boost to about 12psi or so before you get the injectors and pump in...

Just think of it this way. At 16.5 psi, the stock turbo is flowing X amount of air per minute...

at ~12psi (just an estimate), the VF34 will be flowing X amount of air per minute. So you should DEF turn the boost, otherwise you'll be running soo lean it won't be funny.

If you're unsure, just wait for the injectors and pump (to be safe)

·
Banned
968 Posts
WRXin' said:
As for how close to max duty cycle, I really don't know. Oh man you guys are gonna rip on me for this one, but how do I find that out.
Do you know how to logg with your UTEC? It tells you.

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RLsChMiDt said:
If you're unsure, just wait for the injectors and pump (to be safe)
That's probably what I'll end up doing. You don't understand how hard that's gonna be. I shake with excitement everytime I think about the day it'll arrive :D

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mili727 said:
Do you know how to logg with your UTEC? It tells you.
Oohh...okay. I need a lap top to do that. I'll have to borrow one. Thanks :)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
WRXin' said:
That's probably what I'll end up doing. You don't understand how hard that's gonna be. I shake with excitement everytime I think about the day it'll arrive :D
well, I'm willing to help you as much as I can if you decide to do it...

Just IM me, it's easier to talk on there ;)

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
RLsChMiDt said:
well, I'm willing to help you as much as I can if you decide to do it...

Just IM me, it's easier to talk on there ;)
HAHA...thanks bud :)

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well im running a VF22 with stock ecu and stock injectors at stock boost, its only been a couple days but everything is fine so far (knock on wood). I don't think you'll run lean if you leave your boost where it is (im guessing your at 16psi???) My boost has been spiking ever since i put my up and downpipes in to about 16-17psi and i have been actually running richer since i put the turbo in evident by all the backfires since the install. So i think you'll be fine

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
fastwrx135 said:
Well im running a VF22 with stock ecu and stock injectors at stock boost, its only been a couple days but everything is fine so far (knock on wood). I don't think you'll run lean if you leave your boost where it is (im guessing your at 16psi???) My boost has been spiking ever since i put my up and downpipes in to about 16-17psi and i have been actually running richer since i put the turbo in evident by all the backfires since the install. So i think you'll be fine
i'd like to see some IDC values and maybe an AFR log

I bet you're runnin REALLY lean and you don't know it...

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
BoostedBoxer said:
wow your pretty ballsy runnin that with stock fuel/engine managment.
I assume that was directed at fastwrx135, right?

·
Registered
392 Posts
I did lots of research before i made my decision. The JDM WRX's had this turbo at one point or so i heard. There really can't be too much of a difference between the JDM and USDM ecu's and the stock injectors are 440cc I believe (if im wrong let me know) this should be ok for the time being. But yes i realize what im doing isn't the safest thing in the world. If i put a fp20g or something bigger then yes you must have engine management and fuel mods first. As for me running really lean, i am shooting blue flame out my exhaust, is this normal or does this mean i am leaning out????

·
Registered
7 Posts
stock ecu and injectors

IM running a vf22 with stock injectors on 15 psi boost, my fuel pump has been upgraded, you will not run lean, the standard ecu runs quite rich i think 10 to 1 air fuel, just dont go ballistic on the boost and you should be right, anyway you will get fuel cut at high rpm, by the way my injectors are 440cc:cool:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: stock ecu and injectors

tonyzx7 said:
IM running a vf22 with stock injectors on 15 psi boost, my fuel pump has been upgraded, you will not run lean, the standard ecu runs quite rich i think 10 to 1 air fuel, just dont go ballistic on the boost and you should be right, anyway you will get fuel cut at high rpm, by the way my injectors are 440cc:cool:
Same here except i have a vf30 at 14.5 psi with upgraded fuel pump and exhaust mods.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts