ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help me choose the new snail that will be going in this spring (about 4 months). I am going with something that will have a stronger top end more so than the ported VF30 I have now. I want to hear some feedback from those people who have 16g and VF22s. The VF22 flows more air uptop due to its 48mm compressor and P20 exhaust. I don't mind lag at all so it won't be an issue.

The 16g flows marginally more air, (505cfm vs 490cfm) than the VF22 and has a 6 blade impeller vs the old 5 blade VF22.

I'm looking for feedback here and good information from those of you who are using this snails. Also, what squirters are you using, pinks, 650s, 800s, etc?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
VF22 or Small 16 G

Sorry....typo! VF22 vs Small 16G

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
18G is out of the question

I know about the 18G and I can easily pick it up, but I don't feel like buying a new block right now. :p

·
Registered
16 Posts
My choice is the 16G with at least 600cc injectors. IMHO all the VF turbos are crap compared to the MHI's. Just looking at the MHI housings comared to the VF ones you can tell that they are better.
The 16 will spool better the the 22 and the 16 hits like a truck rearended you.

TMS

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I have some direction

I'll be talking to Jerry soon about the new 16g units he has in stock. I'm also curious to hear some feedback on the sound of it. Mitsubishi turbos always have a nice, shrill. jet like sound to them. :cool:

·
Boba Fett
17,939 Posts
TheMadScientist said:
My choice is the 16G with at least 600cc injectors. IMHO all the VF turbos are crap compared to the MHI's. Just looking at the MHI housings comared to the VF ones you can tell that they are better.

TMS

I'm with the Scientist on this one.

·
Registered
82 Posts
TheMadScientist said:

TMS
Hey TMS:
So you think STi pink is not enough ? Why ? most people seemed to use it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
r66r said:
Hey TMS:
So you think STi pink is not enough ? Why ? most people seemed to use it.
You can max out the IDC on pinks with a VF30/34 on pump gas. The VF22 will peg them at 100%. The 16G flows a bit more than the 22. So I decided that I would like just a bit more injector head room. You can use the pinks but you will not be able to tunr up the wick on the 16G without race gas or water injection. Just MHO,

TMS

·
Registered
188 Posts
I say go the the 16G Mitsu has always made nice turbos...and Buschur Racing has a complete 16G turbo kit for us...there selling it on their web site for $1500.....I'm thinking about the kit myself right now
http://www.buschurracing.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts