Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
5,786 Posts
jmussetter said:
So if the VF22 is more laggy than a PE1818 then I guess I'll go with the 30 or 34. I was hoping the VF22 would be better since they are a lot cheaper than the 30series for somereason. I'll probably have to go with a VF30 since price is of the essence. I have the Vishnu stage 0 (minus the pully...but it's comin'), and plan on adding turbo back + turbo + injectors + FP + and MAYBE N20 in the end. That will be the extent of my engine mods for awhile, until I'm done with the appearance.
How soon are you looking to buy? We just need one more person in on the turbo GB. :(

-Pace

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, it probably won't be for another month or two probably, I was planning on getting a pully+exhaust before the turbo, but even if I changed and got the turbo first, I wouldn't have the money for like 2 months. I don't think I would be ready before the end of the GB...:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
just my 2 pennies:

I have a vf30 with sti injectors. Since I still have the stock ecu, I have to manipulate the fuel pressure to get rid of my rich condition top end. According to the Delta Dash, so far so good. However with the Delat Dash, what I see is peak boost 4k - 5k and then it begin to drop from 6k-7k. BTW I have the TXS HPMBC. Power with the vf30 is more linear and for me more "streetable" than the stock turbo in my opinion. I do get a power surg at ~4000rpm. I don't know why this is so but I think it has to do with the open loop AF ratio set by the stock ecu. Hopefully the UTEC will solve all this for me.

There are other bolt on turbo like APS and AVO. For some good information on IHI turbos for your WRX, check autospeed.com and search for the turbo in question. Sometimes you're find some great information there. Last time I was there, they had an article on a 2.4L vf22 turbo wrx which should run in the 10.xx. I can't seem to find it now for you guys but hopefully you can find it.

Happy Motoring...BlueMax

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.