Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Can someone who knows the differences between all the popular turbo's make a list here that tells the good/bad points of each turbo along with their estimated max HP so we will have a guide to look at when picking our turbo's? This would answer a lot of questions on "which turbo is right for me?"

VF22
VF30
VF34
PE1818
PE1820
etc.?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I'm thinking that a VF30 or VF22 is probably the two choices I'm going between.

I want something that can handle ~300WHP not much more, but doesn't sacrafice lag TOO much. I'm thinking that a PE1818 and 20 are a little big for me and probably too laggy. Is the VF22 just as laggy or is it a little better than the PE series?

What kind of HP can the VF30 and 22 support?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
So if the VF22 is more laggy than a PE1818 then I guess I'll go with the 30 or 34. I was hoping the VF22 would be better since they are a lot cheaper than the 30series for somereason. I'll probably have to go with a VF30 since price is of the essence. I have the Vishnu stage 0 (minus the pully...but it's comin'), and plan on adding turbo back + turbo + injectors + FP + and MAYBE N20 in the end. That will be the extent of my engine mods for awhile, until I'm done with the appearance.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Well, it probably won't be for another month or two probably, I was planning on getting a pully+exhaust before the turbo, but even if I changed and got the turbo first, I wouldn't have the money for like 2 months. I don't think I would be ready before the end of the GB...:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.