ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i get tuned on 19psi with my new perrin fmic? on my ej20, i want to get max hp from my automatic.....but still be safe in a way

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
A lot of it depends on what type of fuel you use and what you get your car tuned for. 19psi sounds high for a VF30. I think you could reliably run 18psi on 93 octane with a VF30 and a FMIC. I wish I could get 93 pump octane. Also remember that it is hot in Texas all of the time, so outside air temps will play a big part in your Air/Fuel Ratios. Even with a FMIC and 93 octane.

I have the VF22, and I can only reliably run 16psi on 91 octane with my TMIC and still run safe AF/R's.

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
18psi it is, thanks man!......i just have a guy here in houston running 19.5 psi and he hasnt blown up yet......do you think i should really do perrin fuel rails?

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
WRXout said:
18psi it is, thanks man!......i just have a guy here in houston running 19.5 psi and he hasnt blown up yet......do you think i should really do perrin fuel rails?
There is no need for fuel rails with any VF series turbo.

·
Moderating U!
6,318 Posts
WRXout said:
thank you , you've been the most honest person :D
Just telling you the truth about things that me and the rest of the members here have learned in the last few years. Why don't you ask your brother about these things? Or does he clown you since you drive a 4EAT? ;)

·
Registered
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KurleeDaddeeWRX said:
Just telling you the truth about things that me and the rest of the members here have learned in the last few years. Why don't you ask your brother about these things? Or does he clown you since you drive a 4EAT? ;)
ya he does today we isntalled my bov and then he goes up to me and goes broooom:shift:brooom:shift:brooom pshhhh....lol cause i have to let go of the gas pdeal to hear the bov...but imma be laughing at him when i get my tuning and upgraded tc and valve body

1 - 8 of 8 Posts