Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know where I can source a new VF22 at a good price (less than $900 would be a good price on this turbo). Six months ago these were selling for as low as $750, and now I see vendors hawking them for over a grand. It's crazy that the VF30 and '34 are dropping, but the '22 prices are being hiked skyward.

There is a groupbuy on I-club for $850 + shipping, but I-club groupbuys are absolute last resorts for me.

-Pace

·
Registered
242 Posts
Agreed, i-club group buys never seem to come to fruition [sp].

·
Registered
198 Posts
Pace,
Robert Blauch Turbo
He has a VF22 for 823+ shipping (non GB price)
VF30 not big enough anymore?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a phone number (sorry I forgot to include that on the first post). I do not know of a website either

717 865-3276

·
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All8up said:
I have a phone number (sorry I forgot to include that on the first post). I do not know of a website either

717 865-3276
Thanks, I found them in Qwest Dex. No website though. :(

ROBERT BLOUCH TURBO CHARGERS
1925 STATE ROUTE 72 N LEBANON, PA 17046-9310

We have a turbo rebuilder down the road in Golden. I might drop them a line too. Last time I checked they had good prices on IHI turbos.

-Pace

·
Registered
198 Posts
ihi turbos

When the day comes that I replace my vf30, I probably would not go for another IHI turbo.
Have you taken your search to APS? How about a t3/t4 w/ custom up-pipe?
You may have already searched into these brands and the prices were higher than what a VF22 goes for, but I would wait....

·
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Price is the key here. Since this turbo purchase is budget constrained, I probably will only keep it till next summer unless it turns out to be the perfect solution. Which I doubt the VF22 will be.

I'm guessing that prices will continue to fall over the next year. $1,500 for an off-the-shelf turbocharger is outrageous IMHO.

-Pace

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I've checked this post a number of times and each time I've been disappointed.

I expected a vendor to step up to the plate and make an offer to the club.

russ

·
Registered
198 Posts
You are right the prices are outrageous for turbos for this car. I'm awaiting for a resonably priced T3/T4 w/ custom up-pipe (might even need a custom manifold for all I know..) As far as the price, I know the T3/T4 can be had for less than 700 nowadays...

·
2,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GTBGUY said:
pace - just spoke with the guys @ iON today, they had part of their shipment of VF22's come in early. They're blowing 3 away for $829US shipped. No core exchange required.
Drop them an email: [email protected]
The ION guys were very helpful and polite. However, I wish to PayPal the funds for any VF22 purchase and ION (understandably) choose to pass along the PayPal recipient surcharges to the payee. This takes the price to over $870, which is the same as most other vendors are offering, and is not acceptable to me.

-Pace

·
Registered
34 Posts
pace - yeah it's too bad about the Paypal. Paypal really takes advantage of international companies. Money order/bank cheques are always the simplest method to use. I saw your other thread about the VF30, hopefully if you can sell that and get some cash, you can just do a cash transaction or something.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts