Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering does anyone know the extact max peak in third with the ihi vf22 turbo??? and with this turbo about how much would it shave off the 1/4 mile time???

·
1,911 Posts
You need fuel injectors, fuel pump and a Unichip at least to run a VF22 to max capacity. Obviously race fuel is mandatory. Boost pressure means nothing. It's HP capacity you're looking for. I believ it is worth 360 hp or so but it is super laggy. Try a VF30 instead or a PE1818F. Much better choices. The PE1818F is 400 HP capable.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hey God.. am i still correct by saying the PE1820 is used more for DRAG racing? And the PE1818 for regular street use.

1820 = more lag better top end

1818 = better spool less power then 1820

Am i correct?

Why did YOU choose the 1818??

·
1,911 Posts
That is correct although the difference between the two is very small. I got the 1818 because I ws the one of the first to get one and it seemed like the better choice for me (drag rcer extrordinaire I am not). Remember they both have the same flow rating, just different housing is all. I'm pleased with it but for the STi project I will be using an HKS GT3240 600 HP turbo.

·
Registered
228 Posts
So for a hardcore dragger like me an 1820 will do the job rite :D hehehe

Are you still doing that CUSTOM kit for the WRX? the one you told me i would have to bring in the car and you would have to custom bend piping for :D

·
1,911 Posts
Ah yes, the HKS kit. Of course. That is available no problem. I have all the piping and flanges necessary. Just need to order the turbo and external Tial wastegate and we can install. We can go with a 480 HP 3037S or perhaps you would like an HKS GT3240 600 HP model? I'll be using that one on my STi when it comes in.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked out the vf30 what do you need to get along with this?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
God.What did you have to get with the PE1818F?? How much better is it than the stock turbo/comparisons???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
God,how much did you pay for it?and whered you get it from???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For the vf30 its says you should get the other proper mods to support this turbo(intercooler,full exhaust,and intake) Do you have to get all these???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Nevermind God I did a search and found that you had already discussed the PE1818F and PE1820F and im going to get the PE1818F,I just got to save some money up.

Thanks God.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts