Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed/felt any difference between the VF-30 and the VF-34 regarding spool-up times? Any dyno numbers ? IHI states the 34 is a ball bearing turbo and should theoretically spool-up faster than the VF-30.
However, I can't seem to find any real world numbers regarding this particular make/model of turbo to back this up. I know that the VF-34 is relatively new on the scene and that recent data may be hard to come by. I'd even like to see the manufacturers grafts. A side-by-side comparison would be terrific.

I do know the VF-34 costs more!

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:
The 34 spools noticably faster than the 30. If you've got the extra $ to spend, go for the 34.

-Jim
Agreed on the spool-up part! In my cost estimation calculator (read: poor computer consultant) it spools $100 faster. It does not spool $200 faster. So it depends on what price you can get both turbos for. ;) :D

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Numbers

I read the sticky but I was seeing anwsers like, "it should be faster" or "yes, according to the IHI company it's faster." I was hoping to find numbers from actual (and happy I hope) owners stating something like, "it starts to spool-up about 3000rpm" or "it spools at 3400rpm like stock" or even " it's 2k faster/slower than stock" something quantifiable. I just like numbers is all.
Since everyone has different mod configurations, I wanted to find someone like me who has the TurboXS Stage II package (plus a little more) and who is right at the edge of their stock turbos' capacity. However, there was still allot of good general information regarding the VF-34. I did learn that a couple of fuel systems upgrades and a larger I/C (TMIC or FMIC-I'm still researching) would be a fine idea to support the increased demands of the larger turbo.

Cheers:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts