ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was driving around, just got off the highway, I'm idling and the tach was at around 1400. Kept driving and even after I parked, came out and restarted it was still idling around 1400...Then tonight everything's back to normal. Any idea what could be causing this? Is it normal? Thanks.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Usually high idle is because the engine isnt warmed.. Sometimes if you have mods.. Some mods can throw off idle.. tend to the richness of the engine.. i.e. intake, blow off valve, etc. Your idle will be thrown off if you're car's a/f is really screwed up.. My idle used to be solid when i was stock, ever since i installed my bov.. it flutters around 600-900 once in a while..

·
Registered
124 Posts
it could be your iac that is starting to get clogged or dirty this is not a major thing to fix but you need to correct it soon or your idle will become more and more unpleaseant as the time passes by , on top of the throttle its a cap w 2 bolts remove those make sure not to loose the gasket o ring diconnect the plug remove it from the car clena it throughly with carburator cleaner spray when it looks cleaner let it dry pour some w40 on it and reassemble it back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts