ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago one of the kids I work with who is real bad with money just bought a used s-10. Sure it's an 03 and doesnt have many options but he still paid 15,000 for it total. The kid is horrible with saving money and was only able to obtain a 500 dollar downpayment (Only because we got paid that week).

I have been working two jobs for 2 months now. My main job check hasnt been touch expect to pay a few bills and that's only a few dollars out of it each month. I could walk into a dealership today and put 4 thousand down and a rex and drive it home. I dont spend my money (menus when we went on vaction but I still did well for being on vaction) at all for my personal stuff since I'm trying to save.

It's becoming real fruastrating working 68 hours a week and still not having what you want. Of course I have no bills and I live at home.

THe only thing preventing me from getting this little AWD pocket rocket is insurance. I went to three different companies and no one will touch me for under 6,000. Granted I've had a few accidents (only two) when I first started driving but I've been error free for two years ( I think they look back three years). So althrough I could afford the car I cant afford 6 grand insurance with the payment (I could I just wouldnt be able to eat). So now I'm in the waiting bin for the insurance to drop next feb. before I can get what I've been saving for the whole year......I would kick something right now if it wouldnt hurt me toe so much.

·
Registered
2,832 Posts
that sucks man, but seriously, where do you people live that causes the insurance to be that high???
I live in Chicago area, have 02 WRX, i'm 23 yo and i still pay like $1600 for the whole year. I have Farmers Insurance which is one of the better ones (after Allstate and Prudential) with full coverage and maximum medical coverages. Granted i didn't have any claims or accidents since i got my license but this can't be that much of a discount. Why the hell do you people pay so much???
Even my friend who got DUI last year is paying less than 2000 for 6 months

·
Registered
269 Posts
MA insurance is nutz. It's regulated by the state, so really, shopping around for the best $$ is pointless. New drivers start at a 15 step, and the best you can EVER be is 9 step. It's totally insane and really, there's no reason for it.

·
Registered
4,016 Posts

one speeding ticket in 3 yrs since i moved here and one accident from when i was 19 that is finally off my record this coming august.

when i moved here i was bumped right back to a 15 and had to start all over.

its a ***** the good record doesnt carry over but the bad does. go figure.

nice avatar BTW

·
Registered
647 Posts
DUDE, try calling the companies (if u only did the online test) because i did all these online quotes, and got like 2,500 every 6 months so like 5K a year which was almost 3500 more than i was paying, and then ic alled my insurance company instead of using the online quote, and they quoted me 1,000 every 6 months, so 2K a year (and im only 17- will be 18 in 2 months) so if its that cheap for me, and i did have an acciendt with my old car, it shouldnt be that bad for u.

·
Registered
11,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in MD and I'm only 18 with no points on my lisc (The insurance lady said I have 6 "Insurance company ponits" WTF does that mean).

I thought the qoute on the rex was high so i tried a few others cars (98 gsr Teg and a 03 4wd s-10) and all three were within 300 bucks of each other.

I know I really dont have anyone to blame but myself but it's still stupid that I cant get a second chance. I have a buddy that has had far worst counters (Been suspended blah blah blah) and he's only paying 6 grand for his 03 (One would think i'd be in better shape then him).

I've talked to several different agents and companies and still no love. The "points" should job after this winter...althrough that does me no good cause I need a good winter car.....LOSERS.

·
Registered
498 Posts
USAA, 2 cars $1200 for 6 months no accidents, no tickets!!!!!
married, 22 and wife 22
but i live in Washington, i was paying about $500 every 6 months at North Carolina!!

·
Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Admin
48,699 Posts
I won't repeat how much I pay; it seems to tick people off.

--the old guy...

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
RayfieldsWRX said:
I won't repeat how much I pay; it seems to tick people off.

--the old guy...

:tongue:

Im in the $1100 a year bracket, And ever time I think about it I feel like drivin my car through the insurance companies front door.

At around 100mph...........LOL!

I still like ya though..............:)

Shotgun

1 - 12 of 12 Posts