Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drove over a tall curb and ruined my left front tire. I put on the space-saver spare to get it home, a distance of maybe one tenth of a mile. During that drive, this light came on and has been on. I replaced the spare with a used tire, matching size of the other 3, 215/55/16. Light is still on. I pulled off that wheel again and looked at the sensor. No physical damage. Am I damaging anything by driving? All seems normal when I drive

·
Super Moderator
10,914 Posts
The light could just still be on and. Otherwise reset yet or the actual diameters are different. It's in your best interest to replace all 4 tires

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
voidin warranty since 05
835 Posts
I drove over a tall curb and ruined my left front tire. I put on the space-saver spare to get it home, a distance of maybe one tenth of a mile. During that drive, this light came on and has been on. I replaced the spare with a used tire, matching size of the other 3, 215/55/16. Light is still on. I pulled off that wheel again and looked at the sensor. No physical damage. Am I damaging anything by driving? All seems normal when I drive
is it the only warning lights that are on? maybe you did in fact damage that corresponding sensor and its tripping the light. swap tires to see if you can isolate a damaged sensor. unless im not understanding your inquiry, i dont think its necessary to replace all 4 tires.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Subaru states 4/32nds is the max difference you can have for tread depth. I'd personally only get 4 new tires if it was greater than 3/32nds. With all the wheel speed sensors and electronics I'd imagine you did other damage, knocked something loose.

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,611 Posts
You need to read the ECU to see what codes are in there. For many codes, it takes a number of "drive cycles" before the code (and light) resets.

Also, as Unseen said, you may have in fact damaged something. On my Buicks I have had to replace the wheel hubs (which contain the ABS sensors) because the wiring inside did indeed go bad over time and I would have a continuous ABS light.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts