Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is an alternate method for hardwiring a Valentine radar detector.

I simply removed the plastic piece (only the section that pivots) which is between the two sun visors. I simply tie-wrapped it along with some velcro.

The advatages are that you virtually do not see any cord, the radar will not get in the way of a sun shade (that you may use) , no suction cups, and it is nearly invisible from the outside looking in if you have a strip of tint.

Here are some pictures. If you have any question, feel free to email me.

Raj.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Looks good, but the only thing I don't like is that your sensor on the front might be blocked by the mirror support. I will have to look at mine and see where it goes, but I did mine with the suction cups (they've stayed on for 5 months straight now with no problems). I stuffed ALL the wire into the roof liner, so it is probably an even cleaner install.

Jay

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The mirror post does not affect the radar. I tested this with a fixed radar unit (the kind that cops leave on the side of the road.) In fact, you can leave the Valentine on the floor of your car, plugged in, and it will detect the radar (ofcourse, THIS affects sensitivity). The unit is quite amazing.

I have had problems with the suction cups falling off after 6 months in the Florida heat as it loses it's elasticity. Besides, I prefer an eighth of an inch of phone cord to the big suction cups.:)

·
Registered
691 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts