Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Skyline drive (211) is awesome in that same area. There are also a BUNCH of roads around there (one and a half laners with no lines, cutting through the mountains). We have to get together to explore...anyone interested? Maybe Saturday?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im going to jmu this weekend which is in harrisonburg off of 81, you have to go past brp, im down for a drive...

·
Registered
5 Posts
:baaa:

I just started looking around for good places to drive when I found this ancient thread. I'm in Fayetteville, NC, which is about 4 hours from the BRP, I think. That'd definitely be a weekend trip. I'm going to see if I can hunt down any good road now that I have some time to enjoy driving.

·
Registered
67 Posts
since this thread has been revived. I was up on the BRP about 3-4 months ago with a large group of cars. At one point (about the highest spot on the BRP) we hit about 80-90 on a downhill stretch where we could see the oncoming curves. I was leading and man that was amazing. I won't lie and say I wasn't nervous because when you're going that fast and there is a cliff on your left you heart will deffinetly POUND.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'll be driving the VA section of the BRP at the end of the month and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also going to hit up this road going from southern VA towards KY:

·
Registered
343 Posts
adam3482p said:
dude this thread is really old.
What difference does it make how old the thread is? The road still exists, right?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Darrell said:
I'll be driving the VA section of the BRP at the end of the month and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also going to hit up this road going from southern VA towards KY:
Be careful. Speeding on the BRP is a federal offense and I believe its a $500 fine.

·
Registered
343 Posts
No problem. We aren't in a hurry that day... I budgeted all day to make the drive.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Careful...

Ya, as far as VA goes, and the heavily patrolled parks such as BRP and Skyline Drive, I learned the hard way, anything in the state over 80mph (or 20 over the speed limit) you are facing "up to" $2500 and 6 months in the slammer... obviously you probably won't get it, but it stil sucks. Damn it like it out west!

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Dude this thread is really old.:rotfl:

Darrell said:
What difference does it make how old the thread is? The road still exists, right?
It doesnt make a difference It was more of a statement then anything.

Anyway I love taking drives on the BRP, but like Valien said its enforced.

·
Registered
7 Posts
adam3482p said:
Dude this thread is really old.:rotfl:

It doesnt make a difference It was more of a statement then anything.

Anyway I love taking drives on the BRP, but like Valien said its enforced.

playing gravedigger with the threads :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts